Pilot to TSA: 'No Groping Me and No Naked Photos'

Wow,

How sad as a country we have come to this. Remember when airport inspection was done by private companies? Only now, and after 9/11, when they are federal employees do they have the gall to constrict freedoms.

Great.

Does TSA even know that most airliners have a crash axe in the cockpit, that can take out any pilot or damage any airplane?
No, because they are focused on not allowing a pilot to carry a Super Leatherman and nail clippers any longer and groping your Daddy parts. THAT, is real security and vigilance in this country. Flashlights are next.

tsa.jpg

Does TSA even know that most airliners have a crash axe in the cockpit, that can take out any pilot or damage any airplane?

I love how at most airports, going through the metal detecter is all you need, but at the ones with the super cool naked people imaging device, you're assumed to be a security threat if you don't want the Tub Stacking Agency to be looking at your man parts.

I 100% agree with the the pilots stand here. However I wouldn't have this problem, not because I support the eroding of our right but because I don't give a crap who sees me naked (not a pretty sight) never have. Not a nudist (because I only like looking at beautiful naked women) just don't care who wants to gaze at me.

Here's a common sense solution - just get one of these and stick it in your underwear when you walk through the full body scanner: :D

Attachments

• metalcrew.jpg
    metalcrew.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 165
  • metalcrew1.jpg
    metalcrew1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 194
It always makes for a funny story when tub-stackers are asked to clarify what their procedures.

Spend a little vacation time in sunny Artesia, NM, problem solved.

Only if you're carrying every trip. This guy apparently taught security classes at XJT, and I'd wager most airlines have FFDOs teaching those classes. I know ours does. Didn't help him out.

MEM TSA has a tendency to be pretty darn self-important. They basically have hired people from the hood and given them a uniform and a badge. BAD combination.

Last I heard, the hold up on CrewPass was a biometric method of scanning, but to me that's just an excuse not to implement it in the rest of the airports. I breezed through BWI the other morning, and it was a glorious thing.

While I wholeheartedly agree with the "My rights are being violated" mentality, I don't understand the "... I am exempt from walking through security without my shoes based on principle" mentality. By his account they asked him to remove his footwear and he wouldn't comply. I totally believe in protecting individual rights if they are violated. If I had been a 4.5 year 121 captain I would simply accept that removing most of my clothing would be the norm, and comply. When I travel, I make sure that I wear a piece of clothing with pockets, empty my pants into said piece of clothing,remove my belt and get through security every time. Hooray for the "I tried to fight the law and the law won" martyrdom but what does it prove? This TSA bee "s" is totally inane but these dumb phoques (see the french translation for seals) are only working for a living. It may be that perturbing the surface layer will lead to a higher level change but, I doubt it.

With the exception of "...I won't remove my shoes..." his arguments are flawless. Me, I wear flip flops. But, not my Reefs. That's another story, documented in Wichita. I don't have the time to relate it now.Some randoms with a vendetta will likely succeed but I hope not.

Shizznit (or whatever the expressants say to get around the censors) are the words that express the feelings. Pick the appropriate battles. This is not one. My opinion.

(PS: fueled by some of Napa's finest, not too much but just enough)

I just love the total inconsistency of TSA checkpoints at different airports. Some dont have the body scanner things, some do. The ones that I have been through that do have them make them optional with no questions or further screening necessary. Whenever I pass through security in my uniform, I have been treated great by TSA. They point me straight to the traditional metal detector and I am on my way (with my shoes on!). I would be pissed to if I was put through the ringer like this guy was...

(PS: fueled by some of Napa's finest, not too mcuh but just enough)

I'm drunk as a Lord, but I would never treat lightly the few civil rights we have left. You appear to be a Cannuckistanian, so my ire isn't really for you, but I loathe with a purple passion the so-called Americans who think it's patriotic to live in a Police State. In a lot of tiny minds, it seems that what "they" hate is our Freedumb. Which only makes it more hysterical how willing the small of mind are to cast those very same freedoms right in to the woodchipper to obtain Sekuritay for our big screens and Hummers.

At this point, I hate everyone equally. Actually, not true. I hate Americans most of all for having been born in an at least nominally free system and selling it for the promise of ways to be Entertained and not think about our Obligations. Honestly, at this point, how can we possibly be surprised that the rest of the world hates us. We promised freedom, and we delivered Entertainment and Feudalism. I'd hate us, too. We thought ourselves so big we could tell the rest of the world what they were doing wrong. And in the end, we wound up selling our children for another hit at the crack pipe of consumerism. I'd be disappointed if I were them.

The simple idea that these fools are improving security by patting me down is laughable. I will stand outside security, and colgan can cancel the flight, just like when that stupid liquid rule came out. I face more than enough exposure to radiation flying, I don't need to add an unproven new backscatter xray on top of that.

Tsa is a joke. To be honest, getting stuff through the line up is very easy... and feeling me up wont change that.

If they make you go for a pat down, require a private room, a second screener, and refuse to let the first or second screener do it. If they balk, demand the super and a police officer. State your strong moral objections, and then file complaints with the dhs, and your local attourney general.

When you opt out, make sure you tell all the pax, that there is a A damn good reason you wont go through the scanner, and reccomend they opt out as well.

I'm drunk as a Lord, but I would never treat lightly the few civil rights we have left. You appear to be a Cannuckistanian, so my ire isn't really for you, but I loathe with a purple passion the so-called Americans who think it's patriotic to live in a Police State. In a lot of tiny minds, it seems that what "they" hate is our Freedumb. Which only makes it more hysterical how willing the small of mind are to cast those very same freedoms right in to the woodchipper to obtain Sekuritay for our big screens and Hummers.

At this point, I hate everyone equally. Actually, not true. I hate Americans most of all for having been born in an at least nominally free system and selling it for the promise of ways to be Entertained and not think about our Obligations. Honestly, at this point, how can we possibly be surprised that the rest of the world hates us. We promised freedom, and we delivered Entertainment and Feudalism. I'd hate us, too. We thought ourselves so big we could tell the rest of the world what they were doing wrong. And in the end, we wound up selling our children for another hit at the crack pipe of consumerism. I'd be disappointed if I were them.
Amerinuck or Canuckican I have been called but it's all good. It's all a case of distraction on one hand then a loud clamour against whatever that gout par jour a ete. Bottom line is that the challenge is separating people into two classes: rhymes with smashbowls and "not smashbowls". The trick is separating and differentiating between the two categories.

The simple idea that these fools are improving security by patting me down is laughable. I will stand outside security, and colgan can cancel the flight, just like when that stupid liquid rule came out. I face more than enough exposure to radiation flying, I don't need to add an unproven new backscatter xray on top of that.

Tsa is a joke. To be honest, getting stuff through the line up is very easy... and feeling me up wont change that.

If they make you go for a pat down, require a private room, a second screener, and refuse to let the first or second screener do it. If they balk, demand the super and a police officer. State your strong moral objections, and then file complaints with the dhs, and your local attourney general.

When you opt out, make sure you tell all the pax, that there is a A damn good reason you wont go through the scanner, and reccomend they opt out as well.

For what gain? You either miss the flight or the whole flight is delayed. Either way, everyone must be subjected to this fecal curtain. In a sick way, this is very equal treatment. Instead of 121 opt for 135. One can avoid a bunch of the oppressive crap. Even better, buy an aircraft and go 91. Oh, sorry not every one is Buffet or Gates or Hilton ...

Instead of making such a pointless gesture and wasting a lot of peoples time why not write some letters to say your congressman, senators, el presidente and any one else you can think of.
Remember, you can't fight the government and win but you can work to change it (just not the kind of BS change that's been so popular the last few years).

Take it from someone who's lived the last couple years outside the US and have experience many different countries airport security and I can easily say US airport security is the worse. When I fly back home I usually try to get my connecting flight outside the US just so I don't have to deal with it. I'm interested to see how the airline reacts to this. At least here in India pilots still get the respect they deserve and are given much more leeway in security. I am not looking forward to dealing with it once I move back to the states.

=Jason-

For what gain? You either miss the flight or the whole flight is delayed. Either way, everyone must be subjected to this fecal curtain. In a sick way, this is very equal treatment. Instead of 121 opt for 135. One can avoid a bunch of the oppressive crap. Even better, buy an aircraft and go 91. Oh, sorry not every one is Buffet or Gates or Hilton ...

Missing or delaying is the the point. I myself can't really lean on the tea administration to do anything. My airline can if it becomes a large issue.

It's not appropriate for them to be patting us down, it does not project a good image to the customers, and 99.9% of the time I promise you I have been through more background checks, and have a cleaner reccord than the monkey giving me the pat down ( who doesn't even have to pass through the metal detector)

If TSA let's us use crew pass at certain airports, where they don't even check your bags, then there is no justifiable need for them to make us do any of this. So yes, I will waste their time, be difficult, and make it as hard for them as I can. Believe me, I write my letters, but will still show my objections to this nonsense.

Back