A little rant….

Wow. First I saw that long a bodycam video of this? They literally walked in and arrested him without reading any Miranda. Idiots.

The problem was an arrest when no law had been broken. If the cops had read the law carefully before making the arrest, they could have avoided this mess.

Reading of your Miranda rights has become routine, for good reason, but isn’t actually required by the Miranda ruling. Not being read your rights might negate evidence but doesn’t automatically negate an arrest or a prosecution.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s likely these cops violated policy, if not state or local law.

It looks like this arrest was made on the basis of criminal complaints of witnesses. The police may not have been interested in asking any questions of the suspect prior to making the arrest.

TV and movies have given folks wrong ideas about Miranda.

He was cuffed first thing when they entered the room. Then the female cop starts asking questions (you a pilot? You United?)

IMO, that’s interrogation at that point. No?

The Miranda issue is whether the information gathered from an interrogation will be used in order to justify the arrest or whether it will be used as evidence in court.

When it comes to those that are impaired from drugs or alcohol, sometimes the police decide not to question - thus no Miranda. Two things, they may not need the evidence that questioning the suspect might yield and the suspect has to be in a condition where they can understand the Miranda rights.

In 99% of cases, police should read rights as a matter of routine and policy. We don’t want police interpreting Supreme Court rulings in the field.

My point was that Miranda wasn’t the problem in this case UNLESS the pilot incriminated himself prior to Miranda and that information was used to justify the arrest, as opposed to criminal complaints of witnesses.

On a related note, remember when mooning was common?

Last edited:
@SteveC -

A few months ago, a friend of mine was assaulted and I called 911. I was read my rights before being questioned as witness.

I guess it was possible that I was party to a conspiracy. 😄.

@A300Capt , I didn't take the time to read everyone else's comments here, but I wanted to let you know what you're saying doesn't come off as boommer-esque at all. These videos are super cringe. Just reading about the guy asking for a 1-10 rating of his landing is frustrating, I know I wouldn't be participating in his video.

As CC sits literally silent about Louisiana.

What did I miss?

@A300Capt , I didn't take the time to read everyone else's comments here, but I wanted to let you know what you're saying doesn't come off as boommer-esque at all. These videos are super cringe. Just reading about the guy asking for a 1-10 rating of his landing is frustrating, I know I wouldn't be participating in his video.

I dare a YouTuber to ask me to rate his landing from 1-10. Double dog dare :)

I just want one of his Capt’s give him a 2 or 3 and then ream is @ss out for even asking. I’m sure his whole social media dependent fragile ego world implode. Of course, I’m sure that would all be edited out. It’s bad enough when he begs the question to his Capt but what is even more cringe worthy is when he rates his own landings. None of which has he given himself less than a 9.5…even after a *hard* ILS (his words) of 1000’ overcast….

And the look on his face when he squints and overemphasizes “flying the 7-6-7” makes it look like he’s constipated.

I just want one of his Capt’s give him a 2 or 3 and then ream is @ss out for even asking. I’m sure his whole social media dependent fragile ego world implode. Of course, I’m sure that would all be edited out. It’s bad enough when he begs the question to his Capt but what is even more cringe worthy is when he rates his own landings. None of which has he given himself less than a 9.5…even after a *hard* ILS (his words) of 1000’ overcast….

And the look on his face when he squints and overemphasizes “flying the 7-6-7” makes it look like he’s constipated.

I’ve actually asked a guy if he was ok because of the level of heavy breathing he was doing into the hot mic while hand flying. “This isn’t exactly manual labor.”

I’m up to the task sir! Just give me the opportunity and I won’t let you down! *salute*!

Overall, it's a 2. Did something change on how we get paid? The way you were working the yoke I was thinking it was like $5 every time you made an unnecessary movement and you're buying a new car or something.

Our YouTube hero memorialized into the internet his lack of FOM knowledge. 🙄

Wow I just found this thread. I do the same job our buddy “Pete” does and it’s hilarious someone at this point in their career would make such a big deal about it for internet clout. I’ll make sure to thank him for his service when I see him in the AOC next time

Noting that the French for “a little rant” appears to be “un petit coup de gueule

Transliterated as something like “a small jab from the mouth”.

But it was stupid anyways. "Sir were you aware that everyone can see you down there naked?" "Oh my god, no"..."Just please pull the blinds, have a nice day". The end.
I can recall a time long ago when I was staying at Harrahs Laughlin in one of the upper floor rooms and the helicopter tours would fly by at eye level. I didn't mind the fly by, I thought it was cool. I figured I'd spice it up a bit and moon the helicopter everytime it flew by. I thought it was hilarious, my ex-wife was not impressed. Different strokes for different folks.

Back