Did this merit an Interview?

Well lesson learned OP... Next time let SWA figure out their own diversion recovery.

Another airline cancelled a class on people far in the process, same effect...just a week or two sooner. Another airline wanted to furlough 35% of the seniority list. Another airline wanted to fire, not just furlough, everyone on probation. Another airline imposed hour/pay reductions ranging from 25-50% depending on seniority. Government aid prevented some of that from actually happening, but it was tough times across the board. I don't think the airline in question deserves any particular ill will. I know of one for sure from that class that has been rehired and the poster above me says many have and is probably more in the know than I am.
I think that the things I hold against SWA is not the letting go of the class, but their statements of never laying off anyone during COVID, while pulling a stunt like this.

It's just dishonest and icky.

every airline had to make tough decisions during that time, some handled it better than others. if they were to go back and do it again, i think they would just bring the class in anyway. because off the back of covid they were pretty understaffed, and had to do huge hiring classes back to back to catch up

every airline had to make tough decisions during that time, some handled it better than others. if they were to go back and do it again, i think they would just bring the class in anyway. because off the back of covid they were pretty understaffed, and had to do huge hiring classes back to back to catch up
Well sure, most airlines would have kept staffing Knowing the future. The problem isn't the doing of it, is the message that "We kept everyone!" While not actually doing that.

It's a smart business decision given the circumstances, it's crappy to say you didn't do it.

I'm confused...did the ex employee do anything other than print off a copy of the dispatch release for the crew? The FBO was closed, but only because the ex-employee was there Southwest decided to contact the FBO manager?

IMO, Simple answer: Yes.

My question is Why do you ask? Seems any reasonable company would just skip the second interview, run a drug/criminal bkgrnd check, and hire the fella. I kinda think this fella already did his interview and literally demonstrated his "above and beyond" "elevator story" that dark night out in the desert.

Still, I know... I KNOW! The Humn Resuckitation Department has it's, er, "process" and, "That guy didn't give me a harumph!"

I also know that there are vanishingly few "reasonable" companies anymore. Most companies spend more time and money on CYA gymnastics than on actually building products or offering services.
Had a similar experience right here at Spirit Airlines.

Back