Pilot to TSA: 'No Groping Me and No Naked Photos'

Walked through TSA in JAX today, not in uniform but with my badge of course. They had the giant body scan machines. The TSA chick was halfway decent looking. I was fully prepared to decline the scan. She politely sent me over to the normal metal detector.

cryingwithlaughterub0.gif

I want to get into one of the body scanners and start yelling "Oh my God it burns! Turn it off!!! Turn it off!!!" Encourage a few opt-outs...

Re: Backscatter civilian unrest

there is no way I am going to stand on that rubber matt while they fondle my johnson

Re: Backscatter civilian unrest

Used to be, I would have to pay someone to fondle my johnson, only difference now is I'll get an airplane ride out of the deal....

I remember when I first went into the military service, I did not like having to run around naked taking showers and etc, but it was my job. I chose to be there.

You gave up some of your rights being in the military. The whole point of being in the military is to protect the Constitution for everyone else. No one required you to take that oath.

The people do, on the other hand, have a right to engage in commerce and travel freely between the States. And the people have a right not to be subject to unreasonable searches.

If suicide bombers started blowing up buses instead of airliners in the US (like in London), would it be acceptable for bus drivers to fondle passenger's genitals? How about if Al Qaeda starting attacking high schools? Should teachers and the police then be allowed to grope students before entering the school? What about movie theaters?

And before you say this is far fetched, the London bus bombing, Madrid (trains), Beslan (a school), and the Nord-Est theater in Moscow have all been targets of Islamic terrorists. Resulting in far more civilian fatalities than airline bombings. (Volga 1303/Siberia 1047 are the only successful bombings I can think of since 9/11. No security would have stopped this from happening, as the bombers totally avoided it by paying bribes. )

TSA has already decided that thier power extends to private airport ramps, private aircraft, and AOAs. What's to stop them from bus stops and schools?

Just pondering something, Whats to stop them from making a guy a eunuch, then equipping him with a junk shaped bomb?​

Or just stickin' it where the sun don't shine. That's the whole problem with the TSA's reactionary policies...they deal with "threats" that have already happened. There are a hundred and one ways for a motivated bad guy to thwart airport security. Next we'll have the "butt-bomber" and all be subjected to cavity searches. It doesn't solve anything, it only serves for politicians to say "Look!! We're doing this about it!! See??"

You can't really apply El Al's approach to security with a limited number of routes and aircraft an try to apply that in a macro sense to the US system.

It's largely apples and oranges and quite honestly, y'all don't want to pay for it.

An article on Thanksgiving delays this morning in the Seattle Times had this gem:

"You'll get steered toward the line that's the least longest," said TSA spokesman Dwayne Baird.

I swear there's some other word to express what he wanted to say, but I can't think of what it is.

Do not know if this was posted yet but heres an option......got this in an email....

Wonder why nobody thought of this before?

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.
This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be no racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials......... This is so simple it's brilliant!
I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number _ _ _, for those of you waiting to pass through security, booth number 3 will be temporarily closed for maintenance."

Do not know if this was posted yet but heres an option......got this in an email....

Wonder why nobody thought of this before?

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.
This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be no racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials......... This is so simple it's brilliant!
I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number _ _ _, for those of you waiting to pass through security, booth number 3 will be temporarily closed for maintenance."

That sounds like a win win to me....It actually doesn't sound like that horrible of an idea, except for the issue of containing the explosion in booth....

An article on Thanksgiving delays this morning in the Seattle Times had this gem:

I swear there's some other word to express what he wanted to say, but I can't think of what it is.

:rotfl: Im glad we have the best and the brightest in charge of our security (theater)

for some of you old guys do you guys remember the Xray machines they had in shoe stores between the 20's and the 60's. Shoe Flouroscopes as they were called. It was really popular and allowed parents, kids, and the shoe salesmen to see exactly how the shoe fit on a kids foot. They were in shoe stores for 40 YEARS before people realized how harmful they were, emitting 40-50 REMS per minute. Today the avg engineer in a nuclear power plant is only allowed to be exposed to 5 REMS per year. I wonder how big of an effect these machines have had on the cancer rates today. I wonder how these new AIT's will effect us in years to come.

Well, like it or not, the President has determined the pat-downs to be necessary.

Lisbon, Portugal (CNN) -- President Barack Obama stood by new controversial screening measures Saturday, calling methods such as pat-downs and body scans necessary to assure airline safety.

Speaking at a NATO press conference in Lisbon, Portugal, the president called the balance between protecting travelers' rights and their security a "tough situation.".....(cont)

Story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/20/obama.tsa/index.html?hpt=T1

Well, like it or not, the President has determined the pat-downs to be necessary.

Story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/20/obama.tsa/index.html?hpt=T1

Then he should be subjected to the policies he supports. Every time he climbs on AF1, He better be going through an AIT, or getting the new pat down procedure. He is not part of the security program, and is therefore a threat like everybody else. His family should be getting the same treatment... I wonder how he would feel about TSA groping his wife.

Back