Derg tells Cherokee to put his money where his pilot selection grievances are

Obvious caveat for the feds to sign off on it. Why wouldn’t the put them in SEA?

I don't know. They probably would be put in SEA. The latest rumor I've heard from two FOs now on separate occasions is we are going to announce an order of 20 787s. I hope they are careful with their expectations.

I don't know. They probably would be put in SEA. The latest rumor I've heard from two FOs now on separate occasions is we are going to announce an order of 20 787s. I hope they are careful with their expectations.
Order or picking up the remainder of HAL’s option pending merger approval? Not counting my chickens either way.

And there you go again with Volunteering!!! :mad::mad::mad:

;)

A concept that the bitternet got itself all worked up over. It's like an alternate universe that everyone hates but no one is interested in stepping out of into reality. LOL

A concept that the bitternet got itself all worked up over. It's like an alternate universe that everyone hates but no one is interested in stepping out of into reality. LOL

You mean crap like this?

You mean crap like this?

It can help. As well as PIC and a well-tied double-windsor tie knot.

I'm not sure how "everything counts" is such a challenging concept for the logically-challenged like yourself.

Or your interaction with her in 2017?

IMG_0824.jpg

Look, I don’t disagree with you. “Everybody has flight time. Everyone has TPIC.”

Yup, they do.

What you said yourself is my criteria too, minimal training failures, and do they own up to it. And of course, that pesky volunteer thing too.

IMG_0825.jpg

Problem is, candidates HAVE done literally ALL those things you said. And they still can’t get a call. So at some point, all the advice they hear, well, it just makes them think it’s BS.

10 yrs free of DUIs? Are we hiring drunk convicts? I don’t care if it was 20 yrs ago. Wow!

Order or picking up the remainder of HAL’s option pending merger approval? Not counting my chickens either way.

Both FO's said that it would be independent of the merger happening or not. I think it sounds like a good rumor to keep JR FOs from leaving when we start downgrading captains once the merger fails.

Look, I don’t disagree with you. “Everybody has flight time. Everyone has TPIC.”

Yup, they do.

What you said yourself is my criteria too, minimal training failures, and do they own up to it. And of course, that pesky volunteer thing too.

View attachment 78341

Problem is, candidates HAVE done literally ALL those things you said. And they still can’t get a call. So at some point, all the advice they hear, well, it just makes them think it’s BS.

10 yrs free of DUIs? Are we hiring drunk convicts? I don’t care if it was 20 yrs ago. Wow!

I'm sorry sugar, but who specifically are you speaking for? Theorhetical discussions are childish.

Show your cards or hush.

BONUS: Some people have DUI's because of addiction or poor decisions made in the past. Share with me why "10 Years" is important.

I'm sorry sugar, but who specifically are you speaking for? Theorhetical discussions are childish.

Show your cards or hush.

BONUS: Some people have DUI's because of addiction or poor decisions made in the past. Share with me why "10 Years" is important.

I can make up hypothetical situations that contradict what you’re saying too! Can I play???

Yup, they do.

View attachment 78341

If you're trying to prevent early attrition, wouldn't it be better to hire pilots who have a lot of training failures on their records, so hopefully they won't be able to get hired at your company's competitors? Probably a lot more effective than your zip code idea.

That was and still is solid advice.

There's a reason why most of your best FO's left, they probably didn't want to be like you, feeling stuck, always bitter at the world and what everyone else has.

Believe it or not, I actually like my job. I got called a “company man” several times from the haters at our shop.

I signed up for Airbus on VX. Today, none of that exists and it’s a 737 at AS. Tomorrow? Who knows. Maybe the merger goes through and it’s Dreamliners outta SEA. My point is none of this stuff was visible in 2011 when I applied. It’s a roller coast ride that we’re hanging on for. This place is solid, people are decent, equipment is fine, and the trip quality is great for a family man. It works for me. I’m not bitter. I made the appropriate changes to my life (re: gave up on the NYC base concept and moved to LA). I tried the commute for a couple months and knew they would make be bitter/salty. So we fixed that problem. I am a big believer in adapting. You should have seen the Airbus vs Boeing fleet threads at our internal forum when the single fleet decision came out. Me, I was DGAF the entire time. They pay the same, so who cares. Some still didn’t get over it.

In fact, some haven’t even gotten over the name Virgin going away. You should see the thread in re-naming the new combined VX/AS. “Virgin Pacific.” “Virgin Blue”. “Jet America.” Again, WGAF? Not my problem. They’ll figure it out.

I’m a capped out scale Cappy who only cares that this place is healthy to last until retirement (for everyone). All the other stuff (I fly a widebody, you don’t suckaaaa) is just ego boasting and show boating. I couldn’t care less.

Lastly…

Most FOs that I know left were sub 5 yrs. Overwhelming majority were hired 2021-2023 so they had very little to give up. And the avg age was below 35. They have 30-35+ yrs left so it’s a no brainer.
I’ve been an open book. I did the job fairs in 2016-7 and would have left 5th yr pay to start over at the big 3 for a NYC base. But those days are gone, NY is behind me.

If you're trying to prevent early attrition, wouldn't it be better to hire pilots who have a lot of training failures on their records, so hopefully they won't be able to get hired at your company's competitors? Probably a lot more effective than your zip code idea.

Part 121 and a half on-demand freight has entered the chat.

I can make up hypothetical situations that contradict what you’re saying too! Can I play???

Yes!

STEVE, people are tired of the run around!

Name one!

THEYRE OUT THERE!

Have one shoot me a text and we'll talk about how I can help!

THEY SHOULDN"T HAVE TO!

who is... "THEY"

"THEM!"

Just give me ONE

"THEYRE TOO MAD TO!"

WHO?

"THEM. THE PEOPLE!"

How many are there?

"MULTIPLE!"

Can they all fit in a bus?

"NOOOO!"

How about one of those long Japanese bullet trains?

"MAYBE!!"

You just want to be someone's hero don't you? To be adored and to be shown affection by swinging your hands, limbs akimbo, at the "System" don't ya Cherokee? If I say youu're my valient hero, would you finally feel validated and feel some sort of agency with your dissatisfaction with your station in life? :)

Believe it or not, I actually like my job. I got called a “company man” several times from the haters at our shop.

I signed up for Airbus on VX. Today, none of that exists and it’s a 737 at AS. Tomorrow? Who knows. Maybe the merger goes through and it’s Dreamliners outta SEA. My point is none of this stuff was visible in 2011 when I applied. It’s a roller coast ride that we’re hanging on for. This place is solid, people are decent, equipment is fine, and the trip quality is great for a family man. It works for me. I’m not bitter. I made the appropriate changes to my life (re: gave up on the NYC base concept and moved to LA). I tried the commute for a couple months and knew they would make be bitter/salty. So we fixed that problem. I am a big believer in adapting. You should have seen the Airbus vs Boeing fleet threads at our internal forum when the single fleet decision came out. Me, I was DGAF the entire time. They pay the same, so who cares. Some still didn’t get over it.

In fact, some haven’t even gotten over the name Virgin going away. You should see the thread in re-naming the new combined VX/AS. “Virgin Pacific.” “Virgin Blue”. “Jet America.” Again, WGAF? Not my problem. They’ll figure it out.

I’m a capped out scale Cappy who only cares that this place is healthy to last until retirement (for everyone). All the other stuff (I fly a widebody, you don’t suckaaaa) is just ego boasting and show boating. I couldn’t care less.

Lastly…

Most FOs that I know left were sub 5 yrs. Overwhelming majority were hired 2021-2023 so they had very little to give up. And the avg age was below 35. They have 30-35+ yrs left so it’s a no brainer.
I’ve been an open book. I did the job fairs in 2016-7 and would have left 5th yr pay to start over at the big 3 for a NYC base. But those days are gone, NY is behind me.

That's not the question.

Where are the "people" you're supposedly representing?

And if you were happy with your job, you wouldn't have been recently applying elsewhere. Remember, I keep receipts. :)

Not worth it. Training costs and liabilities.

At a certain virtual airline, got an email update about some people struggling in initial. Like stuff we didn’t see before. Scary. But correctly so, they let people go. Email said it’s never good when that happens, but it’s the right thing to do.

And never underestimate pilots. If they come here with a checkered history and pass 737 training, they get that self-affirmation to apply more elsewhere. A boost in confidence, if you will.

Show your cards or hush.

I don’t understand your question. I quoted your post and said I agreed with some of what you wrote. What’s the confusion?

A national seniority list would solve so many of these problems. And open up a whole bunch of new ones.

Back