"The truth about the luxury of Qatar Airways"

As a paying passenger, I judge the airline based on the service provided, comforts, entertainment, and friendliness of the crew. That is the metric I personally use. Management sucks at a lot of places, it doesn't mean that airline itself "sucks." But I guess your definition is different, so I suppose it's also a valid viewpoint.
It's like this...

I see this one hooker all the time. She was abducted as a teenager and sold to a pimp. that sucks and all but she provides a good product. As a paying customer all I care about is the service.

That's kind of a silly way to look at things. By spending money with people who treat people like crap you are encouraging the continuation of their treating people like crap.

As a paying passenger, I judge the airline based on the service provided, comforts, entertainment, and friendliness of the crew. That is the metric I personally use. Management sucks at a lot of places, it doesn't mean that airline itself "sucks." But I guess your definition is different, so I suppose it's also a valid viewpoint.

Ok.. from that angle, I definitely do see where you're coming from. Also a valid viewpoint.

It's like this...

I see this one hooker all the time. She was abducted as a teenager and sold to a pimp. that sucks and all but she provides a good product. As a paying customer all I care about is the service.

That's kind of a silly way to look at things. By spending money with people who treat people like crap you are encouraging the continuation of their treating people like crap.

Ultimately, this is the side of the table I sit on though....Maybe. Well, selectively.

Different subject but for example, the different political movements to not support places like Chick-fil-A or Target (or whomever) because of a stance the CEO has taken on something. At the end of the day, I like Spicy Chicken sandwiches or these weird Bloody Mary flavored pickles Target sells. Or saving a few bucks. I shop where I shop, stop acting like I'm part of the "problem".

So maybe I'm in the middle. Or we all have something that pushes our buttons enough to patronize or not patronize a business.

I feel weird jumping into the conversation lol...

I feel weird jumping into the conversation lol...

Don't. Ultimately, it's where we all sit. If we were all total ideologues, we'd give all of our money to whatever charity we thought best fit our sense of Right. If we were all jackasses, we'd be...well we'd be the bunch of rednecks sitting a couple of tables down talking about much everyone who isn't exactly like them sucks.

I think the issue is that many of these girls don't know what they're getting into at all. I flew with an FA who was nearing her last trip with our company a while back. She excitedly said she took a job with Emirates, but it was clear that she had really done no research when both I and the CA asked her about it.

-Have you been to Dubai?
"no"
-The middle east?
"nope"
-What's the housing situation like? Do you have to live in a company housing area?
"I dunno!"
-how's the cost of living there?
"I dunno!"
-Why did you choose to go then?
"Everyone says they're amazing!"

She said she's basically packing her bags and will see what it's like when she gets there. o_O

But isn't that her fault then?

I've never been to Eastern Europe or India, but I've been to Southeast Asia numerous times. Smart phones with browser capability and Internet cafes are readily accessible and much cheaper than here.

That American flight attendant could find out all she needs to know in less than 15 minutes. Common sense, should tell you to visit a place before you live/work there, especially if it involves moving halfway around the world. Dubai isn't that bad of a city (I've been there also), but working for EK as a FA? I have no idea.

Again, no sympathy, it's not the same thing as a young girl that gets kidnapped into human trafficking.

I'm in no way sympathizing or letting Qatar Airlines off the hook either, what they're doing/done to they're employees is indeed terrible.

Last edited:
I tend to not use weasel words, thanks.

I've got your weasel… right here son…

least_weasel_1.jpg

:)

When I was in Dubai, I talked to an EK FA and she said she liked it. Dubai is more westernized. I hear there are a lot of pilot/FA relationships there.

U.S. airlines never held it's employees, or their bank accounts hostage. Even back when they had standards, we still had freedom.
I've been told that during the 3 day introduction/interview at Emirates, one of the "selling" points to prospective pilots is that all of the flight attendants have to be single, so you can date them all.

Back