Captain Kila's State of the (Aviation) Union Address

1. Seriously dude, you don't know what you're talking about and assuming way too much. Inflated ego and arrogance? Ever even BEEN to Indonesia? I'll humor you: It started at a Starbucks, where they ask your name for the cup, per normal the guy just couldn't get my name right. My copilot stepped in and told him my name was Kila, emphasizing the i pronounced like an e in English. He got it right the first time and from then on I started using Kila. There is NOTHING in my article, or anything I have said or done for that matter warranting your accusations when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

2. Those were my actual titles in the company so wtf else am I supposed to put? Again, in Indonesia where I worked, they designate one captain as the lead captain and in my records it's listed as Lead PIC. Listing my factual job titles, again in no way warrants your comments.

3. Martyr? WTF are you talking about? I re-emphasized, since everyone is not seeing it that way, the point of the article and why I wrote it. I re-read it as well and it is what I said it is. I wrote it in English and every word means something in the dictionary and again, it is not about me, but my experiences lately applying for jobs, what needs to be fixed and how to fix them. Many people have complimented me on it, many are taking it as you are, which just baffles me. But I really don't care if you want to try and read into it something more than it is.

4. My avatar? Really? It's a photo of me as most avatars are. Doesn't mean or indicate anything at all.

5. Lastly, I'm not removing or changing a damn thing. If folks want to try and read into it and make up issues, that's their business and I don't really care because every word in the article is a fact, those are problems, they should be fixed, and don't tell me that a type rating should be the #1 basis on being considered for a job because that's mostly the problem I'm talking about. Many of us aren't afforded an opportunity, when we normally would have been, all other things considered, and it's wrong, stupid and does no one, including the company needing the pilot, any good. Period.

Many of you are harping on me, what you think I am, or whatever, yet almost no one is talking about the real issue which is all I am trying to do: bring it up so we can try to fix those issues. Or at least discuss them. I'm done defending my article and you can continue to read more into it and accuse me of whatever you want, but if you don't know me personally, it's all hogwash anyway. Someone mentioned on here that yes we all know this, and I'm just wasting energy yelling at the system and that's just the way it is (or something to that effect) but I think it's worth trying to bring up and try to change things for the better, no matter how difficult it may be to do so.
Wow!!.......just Wow!!!

Hmmmm.......seems you are right about the avatar as far as nobody else using their real photo lmao. I always have, not necessarily this one in any online thing. Regardless, this is a pilot forum and that's a photo of me as a pilot. Not meant to be an ego thing whatsoever. Now, let me find a picture of Gumby.....
Yeah....my comment was about the Avatar AREA, not the photo itself. My comment was, as written, specifically the "Training Captain/Company Check Airman/Lead PIC". THIS is the ego part that I was referring to considering that you posted this on a pilot forum, it did seem a bit self-inflated. AND, furthermore, if you didn't agree with me at least in principle...why did you change it?

I agree that I may have read too much into the Kila thing but in all fairness, you did sign your name "Captain Wayne "Kila" Watts". When you sign letters/rants like this, it would appear that you like the moniker and use it in places other than a coffee shop in a foreign country. I guess if you had signed it "Wayne "Kila but only at Starbucks because that, in itself, is not mine but rather my Co-Pilot's fault.....too" Watts" it would have been more clear.

Last edited:
I agree that I may have read too much into the Kila thing but in all fairness, you did sign your name "Captain Wayne "Kila" Watts". When you sign letters/rants like this, it would appear that you like the moniker and use it in places other than a coffee shop in a foreign country. I guess if you had signed it "Wayne "Kila but only at Starbucks because that, in itself, is not mine but rather my Co-Pilot's fault.....too" Watts" it would have been more clear.

He only uses "Kila" in Indonesian Starbucks but his email address in the OP is capt.kila@gmail.com !!

Seriously though @wdwatts, that email address on a resume is about half a step above something like beer_guzzler69@hotmail.com .... suggest a different email based on your given name for job seeking purposes!

Yeah....my comment was about the Avatar AREA, not the photo itself. My comment was, as written, specifically the "Training Captain/Company Check Airman/Lead PIC". THIS is the ego part that I was referring to considering that you posted this on a pilot forum, it did seem a bit self-inflated. AND, furthermore, if you didn't agree with me at least in principle...why did you change it?

I changed it simply to update it LOL. My contract ended 3 weeks ago so I am now not those things. Cheers

He only uses "Kila" in Indonesian Starbucks but his email address in the OP is capt.kila@gmail.com !!
Exactly!!

Hmmmm I'm confused. @wdwatts do you live in Indonesia?

Side note there's alot of LOLs and LMAOs in this thread. It's overwhelming me.
I picked up on that too. This is a psychological attempt to break the ice or to appear be more friendly. He rushed in pretty aggressive with comments that drove this group into a defensive mode. NOW, he has to find a way to back up.

Wayne you gotta change that email address for a multitude of reasons man... I know you say everyone has you all wrong. But dude, walks like a duck, talks like a duck... I love you brotha but again as I said on FB, reach within to fix issues (we have all had to do that so don't feel bad) that may be preventing career progression or finding a job.

@wdwatts
The use of "Kila" goes far beyond a Starbucks in Indonesia...........................a quick look using Google gave me this:
You introduced yourself as Captain Wayne "Kila" Watts
Email is Cpt.Kila@gmail.com
Twitter is "@FlyKilaFly"
Instagram is @Kila.watts
Misc use is Kila_Watts

And my particular favorite is this self-descriptor, "Fighter Pilot, Corporate Dir of Ops/Chief Pilot, Lord of the Sky, Musician, Singer, Web Designer, Protector of Bunnies, Gator. Got Kila? Hire me!"

Also I found so many "LOL"s and "LMAO"s that I had to LOL!

xZXXBp.gif

I'll call someone whatever it is they wish to be called. Whether a nickname or a callsign. Makes no difference to me and doesn't affect my life any. Someone wants to be called by a callsign, is no different than someone named Robert wanting to go by Bob. My only thing is, it would be nice to know your real name. So at least introduce yourself with your given name, and if you want to do a "but you can just call me nickname/callsign/whatever", that's cool.

Again, it makes no difference to my life.

Back