People Will Tell You This Profession Can't Get Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. I did not pay my way into any airline. I paid for a course just as you decided to pay for the CFI/I/MEI course. We both received specialized training in what we wanted. The after-affect of that training led us to our interviews at a regional airline.

The "after-affect [sic] of that training"? Are you kidding me? Didn't you take the "RJ course" there? If s, you paid for a guaranteed an interview if you "passed". There were *no* guarantees that someone who gets there CFI/MEI is going to get an interview, especially because (at the time) you had to make it through ~1000 hrs of instructing and 100+ of multi time. Your class clearly got you to where you wanted to be, but trying to compare your path to someone who actually had professional flying experience before getting into an RJ is a joke.

Excellent! I will leave that their and not try to hide my shame.

It's what happens when scientists try to be grammar-snarky.

Heck yeah - and intentionally or not you provided some humor in a completely idiotic thread. JC should sing you're praise! (seewhatididthere?)

The "after-affect [sic] of that training"? Are you kidding me? Didn't you take the "RJ course" there? If s, you paid for a guaranteed an interview if you "passed". There were *no* guarantees that someone who gets there CFI/MEI is going to get an interview, especially because (at the time) you had to make it through ~1000 hrs of instructing and 100+ of multi time. Your class clearly got you to where you wanted to be, but trying to compare your path to someone who actually had professional flying experience before getting into an RJ is a joke.

So 1000 hours of instructing is not professional flying experience?

What dog do I have? I may not be an airline pilot now, but I still have a lot more 121 experience than you, and it's probably a career that I would get back into were the time, compensation, and QOL on par with what they need to be.
So what is your background and experience in part 121?

You need to stop measuring
Your pay against the other carriers. You are measuring against carrier that are in concession art contracts, and you will never be on par if all you are shooting for is "the same pay as the guy the next gate over". What does a 5 year professional in other fields that require years of specialized training make?
It's the only measuring stick. A mediator would do the same. And as for other professional jobs, stop making the mistake thinking we are like doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. The #1 mistake pilots make is think they have a white collar job.

I walked away when they asked for pay cuts. I walked into a 15k pay raise, and I was a PIC under a contract that had "set " the bar for my pay rates. By year two I had secured a 15.2% raise. The concept that you can only be paid what your peers are making allows management to run airlines into the ground, slash fares, and walk all over you.
Again, without you sharing your specifics, what are you talking about? Where did you walk away from and what did you walk into?

I looked at ALLATPs at the time. They too had guaranteed interviews for their CFI program. Today, pilots at ALLATPs can interview before they start their Comm/ME and get conditionally hired. As for "trying to compare your path" you will note I did not even bring up this topic until someone else. It seems I cannot make a point about anything without someone else dropping the JetU card. My intention in this thread was never to bring up the paths we take to get to where we want to be.

So where do you draw the line? I went to a RJ course and got hired with lower time, 200-350 hr range. How about an unpaid internship? What if you slave labor for free at a regional airline, and then get hired at 350 hrs and basically no CFI-ing? Remember that Szluka guy? But of course he is held to a higher standard for not doing a RJ course, even though he got to where he did in basically the same time and same qualifications as I did. So what's the difference between paying for a RJ course or working for free at a regional internship? You all have options. IMO, it sounds like you regret the path you took and take it out on someone else.

Don't forget that the OP will stand behind anybody who wants to pick up overtime while his so called "fellow pilots" are furloughed and on the street. His justification was that it was their right and if they needed the money for their families from OT is was okay and ethical. This is the same type of pilot that acts strong and will even create make believe enemies in their head to conquer them but when times get really hard this is the type of pilot that is most likely to cross the line during a strike. We have been and need to continue to stand together but not under this wannabe leader.

Don't forget that the OP will stand behind anybody who wants to pick up overtime while his so called "fellow pilots" are furloughed and on the street. His justification was that it was their right and if they needed the money for their families from OT is was okay and ethical. This is the same type of pilot that acts strong and will even create make believe enemies in their head to conquer them but when times get really hard this is the type of pilot that is most likely to cross the line during a strike. We have been and need to continue to stand together but not under this wannabe leader.

1). That's not what I said.

2). I would *NEVER* cross a picket line.

Post to TuckNTruck.....

So what is your background and experience in part 121?

It's the only measuring stick. A mediator would do the same. And as for other professional jobs, stop making the mistake thinking we are like doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. The #1 mistake pilots make is think they have a white collar job.

Again, without you sharing your specifics, what are you talking about? Where did you walk away from and what did you walk into?

Oh wait wait I remember you. You are that Colgan guy, aren't you? Well that's some pedestal you speak from! I remember our talks/fights with the SLI. You walked away cause they asked for a paycut? Yeah right. Bloch's super seniority wasn't enough? Or was it the fact all Colgan props were gone and you were then a "lowly" FO? And seriously since you were a Colgan pilot, just how much more Part 121 experience do you really hail over me? :rolleyes:

Post to TuckNTruck.....

Oh wait wait I remember you. You are that Colgan guy, aren't you? Well that's some pedestal you speak from! I remember our talks/fights with the SLI. You walked away cause they asked for a paycut? Yeah right. Bloch's super seniority wasn't enough? Or was it the fact all Colgan props were gone and you were then a "lowly" FO? And seriously since you were a Colgan pilot, just how much more Part 121 experience do you really hail over me? :rolleyes:
C'mon now shy pinnacle and Cjc guys can get along just fine. @amorris311 used to sing to @higney85 in our DTW crashpad all the time.

... so much for a thread about positive thinking and believing we can change the negative trends in our careers.

This is why we can't have nice things.

... so much for a thread about positive thinking and believing we can change the negative trends in our careers.

This is why we can't have nice things.
epic+fail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back