PUBNAT7 One week only.

Best of luck to you too! Sorry PUBNAT2 didn't work out for you, but I guess we'll wait and see what happens with this one. Lucky number 7 ya know...

Well hopefully I'll get picked up before PUBNAT7 and sent off to Louisiana. It's worth a try.

I actually spoke to one of the teachers out in OKC (he teaches an enroute class) and he said the SE region is one of the hardest places to get into. He said he has a student who's the son of an ATC and still couldn't be placed there so he had to agree to go to Memphis, TN.

Good luck to you too!

Well hopefully I'll get picked up before PUBNAT7 and sent off to Louisiana. It's worth a try.

I actually spoke to one of the teachers out in OKC (he teaches an enroute class) and he said the SE region is one of the hardest places to get into. He said he has a student who's the son of an ATC and still couldn't be placed there so he had to agree to go to Memphis, TN.

Good luck to you too!

well, i hope that changes!!

That's been the case for a while, apparently. One of the guys in the STL tower was telling me that was the case back in the 80s, too. One of the guys in the Memphis tower was trying to get in Nashville tower (where is dad is), and he couldn't get in there because of demand.

Louisiana shouldn't be any problem, though. :)

So it's a little late to be asking this, but I just found the PUBNAT yesterday. Can I go ahead and apply even though I'm not graduating until May '09. Based on the general timeframe from what I've seen, by the time I would actually be heading to OKC I would have my degree. If I should wait, how soon next year will PUBNATs begin coming out?
Thanks

You can apply if you want. That doesn't mean you will get authorized to take the AT-SAT. I would say go for it and see what happens. Can't hurt.

So it's a little late to be asking this, but I just found the PUBNAT yesterday. Can I go ahead and apply even though I'm not graduating until May '09. Based on the general timeframe from what I've seen, by the time I would actually be heading to OKC I would have my degree. If I should wait, how soon next year will PUBNATs begin coming out?
Thanks

Apply... PUBNAT7 guys probably won't be any further than the AT-SAT step by the time you graduate. The process is taking at least a year, so go for it and see what happens.

I am SOOOOO glad I check the boards today. Jeesh that was a close call! Thanks for posting the info on PUB7 or I would have been toast.

UTAMAV:bandit:

I'm jumping back in the ring! Applied for PUBNAT7. I originally applied to PUBNAT1 and went through the entire process (ATSAT, Geo Pref, PEPC), and then had my medical denied at the NY PEPC. Now that I've cleared up the medical issues I'm starting over again Yay!!! (<----not really)

I'll one up you: Did all that, went to OKC for 3 months and 3 weeks, and ended up leaving a week before my PV!!! I left for very personal reasons, and a job that sounded really cool. But I don't want to go center, I want tower this time. Bring it!

I'll one up you: Did all that, went to OKC for 3 months and 3 weeks, and ended up leaving a week before my PV!!! I left for very personal reasons, and a job that sounded really cool. But I don't want to go center, I want tower this time. Bring it!

Can I ask you a personal question? ;) Why'd you leave that far in? Just curious.

Can I ask you a personal question? ;) Why'd you leave that far in? Just curious.

I received a much more lucrative offer to play QB for the Detroit Lions. Just Kidding. I did very well in OKC, it's a long story. Just too long away from my kids and some other weird stuff. Also a job offer involving my dream career: Meteorology-anyways, it's quite personal, and I can see how it seems intriguing, BUT.....I AM an EXPERT on the process as well as OKC, and several other issues, so maybe I can be of assistance.

I received a much more lucrative offer to play QB for the Detroit Lions. Just Kidding. I did very well in OKC, it's a long story. Just too long away from my kids and some other weird stuff. Also a job offer involving my dream career: Meteorology-anyways, it's quite personal, and I can see how it seems intriguing, BUT.....I AM an EXPERT on the process as well as OKC, and several other issues, so maybe I can be of assistance.

I did notice the nice meso as your avatar. Beauty. I'm a flight instructor and big weather buff.

That's cool. I definitely respect your privacy. You did what you had to do I'm sure. Glad we have another knowledgeable person in the forum. Good luck.

So what you're saying is, people know you?

zz ;)

So I assume you applied to PUBNAT7?

I will second that. I just wanted to say hello to all the Pubnat 7 people and wish you all luck. This is my first post, I would assume of many. I live in Oklahoma city, and both my parents were air traffic controllers, so if anyone has any questions about oklahoma city, or the job I would be happy to help if I can.

right now ZNY is basically the only place to get a job in NY. well, the real NY. im not sure about Upstate. we dont get that much snow, but snow is great. more snow = MORE SNOWBOARDING

More snow=More planes to stack up in endless holding patterns=exponential stress.

I'll stick to vectoring traffic through my clear Southern California skies.....

And how about that? I'm leaving meteorology to try ATC :) Maybe we should have traded!

I applied to PUBNAT 7 because I finally decided to pursue what I wanted to do in High School. Both my parents were controllers in the Navy, and my dad became an en-route controller afterwards. I do have a BS degree, but in a totally unrelated field, and some military/combat experience. I don't know how much either of those stack when compared to test scores, etc. Anyone know how selection actually takes place? Or is this a "mysterious and powerful process"? I have used the ATSAT threads, and they (hopefully) have been a huge help. I hope I get to take the test and get this process rolling.

This is my first post, and hopefully one of many. :laff:

I applied to PUBNAT 7 because I finally decided to pursue what I wanted to do in High School. Both my parents were controllers in the Navy, and my dad became an en-route controller afterwards. I do have a BS degree, but in a totally unrelated field, and some military/combat experience. I don't know how much either of those stack when compared to test scores, etc. Anyone know how selection actually takes place? Or is this a "mysterious and powerful process"? I have used the ATSAT threads, and they (hopefully) have been a huge help. I hope I get to take the test and get this process rolling.

This is my first post, and hopefully one of many. :laff:

Oh yes...you have a long way to go. From reading your post, I assume you should get an invite to schedule and take the test. Don't expect it to happen anytime soon, but it'll happen eventually.

Back