Delta Airlines pilot sentenced to 10 months after showing up impaired to fly plane

Not according to the Brown Eminence! You all may already know this, but you cannuck have booze of any type or description on UPS property. Whatever your position (including off-line jumpseater). And yes, it's incredibly silly, but they've fired people over it, so they seem to mean it. Just a PSA, the more you know, etc. etc.
Wasn't always like this. Then something happened...

I'm not the right guy to comment. I've never tried beer, alcohol, wine, etc, my entire life. Even if I did, I can't imagine risking that stuff on work overnights. Maybe on a multi-day overnight, but most domestic overnights that are under 20 hrs?

As others have said, tt is pretty common to bring home goodies from the road. How do you think Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing gets east, or Yuengling is west of the Ohio Valley?

In 91/135, where there is no TSA, many pilots will carry bottle of wine during a trip instead of buying overpriced beverages at restaurants.

Or efficiency.

There were mornings we’d land in FRA, get to the hotel and someone says “beer?” and we’d walk over to the Wiesbaden HBF and drink a couple crispies and have some sort of wurst. Made for a very nice arrival nap afterward!

On second though, maybe that WAS a bad thing…

This actually sounds awesome. The most perfect version of "it's 5 o'clock somewhere". Grab a snap and nap, I bet you wake up for late lunch/early dinner feeling amazing and rested.

As others have said, tt is pretty common to bring home goodies from the road. How do you think Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing gets east, or Yuengling is west of the Ohio Valley?

In 91/135, where there is no TSA, many pilots will carry bottle of wine during a trip instead of buying overpriced beverages at restaurants.

I swear Yuengling has made moves west.....cant remember where I had it not long ago, but it was much further west than I'd had it before

This actually sounds awesome. The most perfect version of "it's 5 o'clock somewhere". Grab a snap and nap, I bet you wake up for late lunch/early dinner feeling amazing and rested.

Oh yeah, deep deep sleep. Epic wake-up poop later on, which was always amazing.

What if cigarettes from far flung lands were considered desirable? Would you mule them too?

What if cigarettes from far flung lands were considered desirable? Would you mule them too?
Based on my international travel experience, I’d assume that they’re buying alcohol because they like it, and it’s a good deal. Probably would do the same with cigarettes if they were a smoker. Doubt a non-smoker would bring them in unless someone they know asked them to.

I swear Yuengling has made moves west.....cant remember where I had it not long ago, but it was much further west than I'd had it before
Was it on a Dallas overnight? They started distributing in TX around the 21-22 time frame.

Back