Delta Airlines pilot sentenced to 10 months after showing up impaired to fly plane

Booze in your bag and your level of sobriety are not related at all.

Not according to the Brown Eminence! You all may already know this, but you cannuck have booze of any type or description on UPS property. Whatever your position (including off-line jumpseater). And yes, it's incredibly silly, but they've fired people over it, so they seem to mean it. Just a PSA, the more you know, etc. etc.

Not according to the Brown Eminence! You all may already know this, but you cannuck have booze of any type or description on UPS property. Whatever your position (including off-line jumpseater). And yes, it's incredibly silly, but they've fired people over it, so they seem to mean it. Just a PSA, the more you know, etc. etc.

I feel sad for your home bar :(

You know we can even have a cocktail on campus.

I took a bottle of wine to one of my friends in the office said “Here’s something for home!” She breaks out a couple glasses and says, “want one?” “You can’t drink on campus” “The sh— we can’t. Are you serious? We certainly can”

I feel sad for your home bar :(

You know we can even have a cocktail on campus.

I took a bottle of wine to one of my friends in the office said “Here’s something for home!” She breaks out a couple glasses and says, “want one?” “You can’t drink on campus” “The sh— we can’t. Are you serious? We certainly can”

*Shotguns a beer during interview*
“But Doug said….”

me dreaming of the whiskey y’all posting about then realizing I’ve almost entirely stopped drinking
IMG_1114.jpeg

I agree 100% with your first statement. But remember that you are a rational person, not affected by addiction to alcohol. Some of these folks are not. That isn't to excuse what they do, but it is to say that of course it doesn't make sense to any of us.

I do know folks who routinely bring special beers or other liquor home with them. I know it is allowed, but for me, it isn't a spotlight I want to potentially cast upon myself, much less give passengers in the area (regardless of carrier), the impression that we've been drinking. Even if it was totally legal, well within the regs, and not affecting performance. There are enough nervous flyers out there, no reason to give the paying public (who fund our livelihoods) a reason to doubt our professionalism. That isn't to say that I haven't enjoyed a beer with dinner on a layover when it isn't an issue, but I've yet to taste the nectar of the gods delicious enough to need to bring home with me on a work trip. Spoiler alert, they are all the same, wherever you live.
Come to DAL. You’ll see the light ;)

"Hey, so I don't like showing up empty handed. Doug poo poo'd bringing the interviewers cake so uh... you guys like Blanton's?"

“If you drink alone at 1035 in the morning it’s Alcoholism, but with this nifty life hack I’ll show you how to turn it into a social function… Like and Subscribe for more life hacks.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Shotguns a beer during interview*
“But Doug said….”

I don't shotgun beers anymore, but the last time I *didnt* shotgun a beer, was *not* a boring weekend on base in Fallon NV, actually quite a few years ago now. But I was in my mid-late 30's at the time. Within seconds, I barfed all over the mid-20's FNGs that shamed me into it. Jokes on them haha

“If you drink alone at 1035 in the morning it’s Alcoholism, but with this nifty life hack I’ll show you how to turn it into a social function… Like and Subscribe for more life hacks.”

You gotta start that with "Hey guyssss what's up..."

I don't shotgun beers anymore, but the last time I *didnt* shotgun a beer, was *not* a boring weekend on base in Fallon NV, actually quite a few years ago now. But I was in my mid-late 30's at the time. Within seconds, I barfed all over the mid-20's FNGs that shamed me into it. Jokes on them haha

I shotgunned a beer at NJC one year and I was bloated, full and just a string of belching.

I felt dumb because, of course, I was.

I shotgunned a beer at NJC one year and I was bloated, full and just a string of belching.

I felt dumb because, of course, I was.

haha it really is a break even affair. The kids won't think you are cooler (they already think you are cool if you're there with them and they are asking), and you end up feeling terrible. So I guess less than break even......

haha it really is a break even affair. The kids won't think you are cooler (they already think you are cool if you're there with them and they are asking), and you end up feeling terrible. So I guess less than break even......

Well, when you're the yougest, you see your football jock big brother with the t-shirt with the arms cut out shotgun a beer and it just looks cool.

Then you try it in college a few times with mixed results.

Then you get dared later on in life and it's just stupid.

“If you drink alone at 1035 in the morning it’s Alcoholism”

Or efficiency.

There were mornings we’d land in FRA, get to the hotel and someone says “beer?” and we’d walk over to the Wiesbaden HBF and drink a couple crispies and have some sort of wurst. Made for a very nice arrival nap afterward!

On second though, maybe that WAS a bad thing…

Or efficiency.

There were mornings we’d land in FRA, get to the hotel and someone says “beer?” and we’d walk over to the Wiesbaden HBF and drink a couple crispies and have some sort of wurst. Made for a very nice arrival nap afterward!

On second though, maybe that WAS a bad thing…
Nah. It's still drinking hours back home. That's what matters.

Back