Hawaiian Hiring

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Just a heads up... Hawaiian is opening up the window from 9am (HST) September 4th to 9am (HST) September 14th. They just hired a class of 5 (I think?) to start in October and are going to interview (from this new acquisition best as I can tell) for 30 more spots to start training early next year. They said that everybody needs to reapply for this position, even if you submitted an application in the past. I know in the past, the system saved your old profile so all you had to do was update a few things and apply to the specific job, but I don't know if it's still doing it that way. Also, they haven't posted any mins as of yet but I'm sure they will be listed once the window opens on the 4th.

If you have questions about Hawaiian, post them here so everybody can get the benefit of the answers. There are several of us on here that may be able to answer them (although I think we are all little plane people now)

What, realistically, is HAL looking for in terms of times, education, etc.? It is an outfit that I would be interested in, but also cop to knowing very little about.

BobDDuck said:
...although I think we are all little plane people now

Reminds me of 5-leg days in ATL, but being home at night. Please refresh my memory. Six-leg days, AM or PM, home each night, four days at a time? Am I close?

What, realistically, is HAL looking for in terms of times, education, etc.? It is an outfit that I would be interested in, but also cop to knowing very little about.
They look for a good person that would fit with crews for hours on end.

This is why it is the only airline on my list after jumping with them so many times. Every employee I had an interaction with was awesome.

They look for a good person that would fit with crews for hours on end.

This is why it is the only airline on my list after jumping with them so many times. Every employee I had an interaction with was awesome.
Yeah, but I wonder how they sort through apps. I'm sure they get a ton for very few jobs. I can't imagine they want to interview an entire army to only hire 30 guys.

I may start submitting illustrated resumes to companies I want to work for. First I have to figure out how to convey flight hours pictorially, though.

No tie? Beard optional? I'd be in a great mood, too. Although I'm having difficulty imagining @AutothrustBlue with a hat and beard.

OH. I have one for this...

090914_Signals_promo.png

Nobody knows.

The last class of 5 had all kinds of levels of experience and education. The only consistent thing I can see in that class is all 5 of them were local or were flying for local companies. That *used* to be the norm here but it seemed like the last 5 years of hiring were getting away from that.

Wait...no tie and beards?

Inter Island flying is hat and no tie (which is goofy, but I'm ok with that... also there are very few hat nazis so lot of the senior guys don't even wear one) and a very nice London Fog jacket for the few times it gets cold (mine hasn't left my locker since I got it two years ago).

Worldwide is hat and tie + blazer for "cold weather" trips plus all of Asia I think.

Beards are allowed, per the manual, for inter island only, but many of the world wide guys sport some pretty spectacular ones. That said, there have been issues for some guys when trying to jumpseat on mainland carriers. Also, a lot of the time guys go do ALPA work somewhere else they invariably get asked how long they've been on medical leave for.

Inter Island flying is hat and no tie (which is goofy, but I'm ok with that... also there are very few hat nazis so lot of the senior guys don't even wear one) and a very nice London Fog jacket for the few times it gets cold (mine hasn't left my locker since I got it two years ago).

Worldwide is hat and tie + blazer for "cold weather" trips plus all of Asia I think.

Beards are allowed, per the manual, for inter island only, but many of the world wide guys sport some pretty spectacular ones. That said, there have been issues for some guys when trying to jumpseat on mainland carriers. Also, a lot of the time guys go do ALPA work somewhere else they invariably get asked how long they've been on medical leave for.
I can't believe Hawaiian allows beards and Alaska doesn't. WTF Alaska?!

Oooooo.

Nobody knows.

The last class of 5 had all kinds of levels of experience and education. The only consistent thing I can see in that class is all 5 of them were local or were flying for local companies. That *used* to be the norm here but it seemed like the last 5 years of hiring were getting away from that.
Right on, thanks.

Definitely putting an app in, good buddy works there and it seems like a great company. I'm about as local as anyone out there with an umbrella drink in hand but maybe someday I could join the team regardless...

Back