Oh ‘Mericun XXL

What exactly is one supposed to do to get out of your way? There's only so much pavement. And if you were waiting for an hour I doubt it was just one airplane holding you up
Stay at the gate till you have whatever “numbers” only AA seems to be missing? :)

Stay at the gate till you have whatever “numbers” only AA seems to be missing? :)

Your 135 is showing.

At my shop if we get a runway change or conditions warrant, we often have to send for new data…takes a little time, load said data…more time….review data, review the departure if it changed, and then run the checklist for anything else that could have changed. Doesn’t take an hour, but sometimes it holds up the show.

I used to get cranky about United or whoever not being ready at the end, now I just assume I don’t understand their procedures or what they’re dealing with.

Your 135 is showing.

At my shop if we get a runway change or conditions warrant, we often have to send for new data…takes a little time, load said data…more time….review data, review the departure if it changed, and then run the checklist for anything else that could have changed. Doesn’t take an hour, but sometimes it holds up the show.

I used to get cranky about United or whoever not being ready at the end, now I just assume I don’t understand their procedures or what they’re dealing with.
91. I could never work that hard…

Runway change, sure. But when everyone is going to the same runway and one carrier consistently isn’t ready it does indeed grind my gears.

I’ll own that title if it means that I’m considerate to other pilots and aircraft. Yeah, I know a lot of “corpies” act like they’re the only plane in the sky…but tell me that if a good chunk of corporate jets got in line for departure knowing they wouldn’t be ready to go that there wouldn’t be loads of airline pilots here complaining. Do I use reliever airports whenever I can? Absolutely. But big airline airports that’re also the closest to the city center usually have good FBOs and handle GA well. We can all work together and get along. And yes, it being leg 1 out of 1 for the day and wanting to go play golf did make me extra salty ;)

Most of the time in the 91 world you can blast off from an intersection, or another runway without sending information back to the company. And them sending it back to you. The plane knows were it is, the FDAP data knows where it is, and people review stuff. 121 has a TON of CYA, well we KNOW the plane can take off at Flaps 5 from Intersection D5, but they just cleared us for the intersection 50 feet in front of it. Now we have to send the stuff, and make sure. It takes about 1 minute to send and receive the data sometimes, then we have to load it, and run a special checklist.. if you follow the SOP.

91/135 we were like, SURE! lets go. Thing will get airborne... no-one is gonna be calling me saying why did you take off from XXY intersection at flaps 5, when you should have used flaps 1 or whatever.

That and I'm alway salty I'm not golfing.

If AA's automated system is exactly like what PSA has then I would understand why they have issues getting their numbers. I had gate agents and rampers open and close the flight after push multiple times. Every time that would occur the numbers would completely drop out of the box. Pretty stupid system. Great when it works, horrible when getting trolled.

That said, CLT is a whole of an airport. I always just reminded myself that our block time was at least 20% higher on average due to the nature of CLT. Helped the paycheck in the long run!

Last edited:
If AA's automated system is exactly like what PSA has then I would understand why they have issues getting their numbers. I had gate agents and rampers open and close the flight after push multiple times. Every time that would occur the numbers would completely drop out of the box. Pretty stupid system. Great when it works, horrible when getting trolled.

That said, CLT is a whole of an airport. I always just reminded myself that our block time was at least 20% higher on average due to the nature of CLT. Helped the paycheck in the long run!

Back in they used to have pizza stands in the airport…one was right outside the express crew lounge on the D concourse. Of course, that smell would marinate the whole lounge….

Back in they used to have pizza stands in the airport…one was right outside the express crew lounge on the D concourse. Of course, that smell would marinate the whole lounge….

Once Express outgrew the old little lounge by D with the pizza smell, we took over what was the old USAirways Club. Still had all the recliners and easy chairs. The bar was still there (became the computer station) and one of the Knoxville guys figured out a way to get a full sized pool table in there. I think we left there when they finally extended the E gates and put in the office space and lounge above that.

I hated that. Some gate agent opens up the pax info after you push to find info on the hot rich guy in first class while you taxi out, and now your data disappears.

Thankfully we don't lose our numbers this way on the Bus at mainline. Now if the PSA CRJs ever get moved up to mainline, would it still happen? Hmm.

Thanks for voting 'gents.
Here for you and anyone else. I was planning on going to the thing today but family has to come first and family has been kind of interesting lately. Went from two kids 8 and 5 to three kids 8, 5 and 18.

Still wish I could be there today.

The Check My Pay app guy learned the hard way today.

7k76t7.jpg

From the PHL Reps:

Fellow PHL Pilots,

Below is a chart provided by Delta Management that outlines the disparity in profit sharing between Delta, United, and American. Since we are employed by American, we will only focus on the disparity between Delta and American Airlines.

Not that we want to rub it in, but pilots at Delta will make substantially more than pilots here at American. This is even before Delta's industry-leading pay rates take effect. This disparity is only further worsened by this management's insistence that all wholly owned employees be included in the total profit sharing pool, which reduces the profit sharing payout for American Airlines pilots by about 10%. So even if this management team can figure out how to match Delta profits, we will still receive 10% less profit sharing as a result of the larger payout pool here at American.

Many pilots have told us that improved quality of life is a "must have" in our next agreement. Since the release of the Delta TA, we have been consistently asked by our newer pilots whether they should remain here at American or possibly jump ship and head to the more lucrative and pilot-friendly Delta. While this determination is ultimately the decision of each individual, we can tell these pilots that if the past action by this management is any indication of how things will go, this "cost advantage on the backs of its pilots" management team will not change and will not come close to what Delta pilots enjoy as it pertains to quality of life. Let them prove us wrong.

With this in mind, and thinking of our newer pilots with less than 5 years here at American, we thought it would be helpful for pilots to see the upgrade DOH for the two most recent Vacancy Bids at Delta. We have been told by newer pilots that they came to American because of the quick upward movement and upgrades. Not so fast! Delta's most recent bid includes upgrades after just a few months at Delta. Captain upgrades with less than 1 year seniority highlighted in yellow.

A=CA B=FO 765=767-400 7ER =757/767-300

No one knows what our next contract will include, but we can't just ignore this management's history. Specifically, its unwillingness to improve work rules/quality of life. We know it will be difficult for even this management to offer anything less than the new standard when it comes to pay, However, we believe, unfortunately, that's where it will end. If you're OK with Delta $$ (at least initially) and spending the next 25-35 years of your life working with horrific work rules and little scheduling flexibility, then do nothing and just live with it.

However, if bottom-of-the-industry quality of life isn't what you signed on for as a professional airline pilot, and quality of life is important to you, we strongly recommend you APPLY TO DELTA NOW AS A PLACEHOLDER, and at least start the process and get in line so if our management continues with their "just say no" approach, you're ready to make the move. As difficult as it may seem, think about where you would be (see charts above) if you had left for Delta a few years ago. We are not the only airline with significant upward progression. It's everywhere! Delta pilots hired in August 2022 were just awarded captain!!

Don't just hope for the best; hedge your bet and Apply to Delta now.

Finally, your representatives saw where prior negotiations were heading during the Spring of 2022. We were not Johnny Come Lately in opposing the failed TA; rather, we were very vocal in identifying the inadequacies early on, whether it was fighting to rescind the sub-inflation, Negotiating Committee's unilateral pay proposal reduction last Spring or voting against reducing our pay proposal by an industry lagging 50% in August 2022. We (and other pilot groups) understand the value of an airline pilot in today's environment and refuse to sell ourselves short just to get a deal.

Paul DiOrio, Chair

Kevin Wilkes, Vice Chair

PHL-REPS@alliedpilots.org
Hey, bro!

At least you don't have to deal with the complexities and horrors of deciding whether to open or not open your cowl flaps on final.

One more reason that flying JETS is the easiest job you'll ever get paid to do (Not accomplish, just do.).

How do you figure?
Some people don’t tune in to the union news of the days. About every week someone gets visited by the good idea fairy and decides what one man warrior project they’ll do today that will get us a contract. I don’t know this guys situation at all, maybe he was at 40 hours for the month?, but I don’t doubt someone didn’t know about picketing today. If he voted and voted properly that’s all that matters to me.

Back