Oh ‘Mericun XXL

7k76t7.jpg

Picked up premium on picketing day but close enough.

Picked up premium on picketing day but close enough.
I think it was straight pay,’but to me it matters more if this guy was picking up hour 115 or hour 80. Anyways, this guy has gotten more hate today than anyone in management and that’s misguided which is my point.

Some people don’t tune in to the union news of the days. About every week someone gets visited by the good idea fairy and decides what one man warrior project they’ll do today that will get us a contract. I don’t know this guys situation at all, maybe he was at 40 hours for the month?, but I don’t doubt someone didn’t know about picketing today. If he voted and voted properly that’s all that matters to me.

you kinda said it yourself. It's hard to believe he didn't know. It's sad, I don't know the guy, but his app found me quite a bit of money I didn't know I was owed. Regardless, you made your bed, you need to sleep in it.

His email didn't even make any sense. You're so busy with the app that you can't fly, so thats why you flew for straight pay today? Sorry, im sure he's a great guy, but he's got time to fly straight pay instead of join us on the line? It wreaks of selfishness.

In contrast, Im proud of the turnout for the vote and the picket. My base printed 500 signs and we ran out of signs to give pilots. Hell, one pilot showed up in crutches. Amazing dedication by our group today. I truly feel honored to work here because of the company I'm in.

I think it was straight pay,’but to me it matters more if this guy was picking up hour 115 or hour 80. Anyways, this guy has gotten more hate today than anyone in management and that’s misguided which is my point.
I can agree management deserves the brunt of the blame, but he didn't exactly do us any favors either today

Some people don’t tune in to the union news of the days. About every week someone gets visited by the good idea fairy and decides what one man warrior project they’ll do today that will get us a contract. I don’t know this guys situation at all, maybe he was at 40 hours for the month?, but I don’t doubt someone didn’t know about picketing today. If he voted and voted properly that’s all that matters to me.

With the amount of messaging I find it kinda hard to believe especially given that he is a member of/advertised on certain facebook groups.

Question about AA. Say you’re on reserve. I don’t know how many days off that is. But let’s say 30 day month, you get 12 days off. And a 75 hr guarantee. Just making up numbers, feel free to correct.

Can you pick up a 2-day trip that pays 11 hrs from straight open time, on your OFF days, and therefore get 75+11 = 86 hrs pay for the month?

Just had a Delta jumpseater and when I asked the same question he said you’d be working for free, that it wouldn’t be be extra pay, it would only be credit hours into your reserve bucket that help get towards guarantee. And that the only way to pick up on days off for extra pay was premium (green? Slips).

Just curious how it’s at AA.

Question about AA. Say you’re on reserve. I don’t know how many days off that is. But let’s say 30 day month, you get 12 days off. And a 75 hr guarantee. Just making up numbers, feel free to correct.

Can you pick up a 2-day trip that pays 11 hrs from straight open time, on your OFF days, and therefore get 75+11 = 86 hrs pay for the month?

Just had a Delta jumpseater and when I asked the same question he said you’d be working for free, that it wouldn’t be be extra pay, it would only be credit hours into your reserve bucket that help get towards guarantee. And that the only way to pick up on days off for extra pay was premium (green? Slips).

Just curious how it’s at AA.
73 hours for long call or 76 hours for short call. If you’re on reserve Monday through Thursday and pick up a four day on the Sunday prior, that entire trip will be in addition to your guarantee, so a min rig trip would bring you to 97 hours for the month for short call. That’s called Over Guarantee, or an OG trip. There’s also PR or premium reserve trips, which would apply the same but obviously pay more.

73 hours for long call or 76 hours for short call. If you’re on reserve Monday through Thursday and pick up a four day on the Sunday prior, that entire trip will be in addition to your guarantee, so a min rig trip would bring you to 97 hours for the month for short call. That’s called Over Guarantee, or an OG trip. There’s also PR or premium reserve trips, which would apply the same but obviously pay more.

Just to make sure I understand that, Sunday was off. But Mon-Thursday you are reserve. You’re saying a 4 day trip can be picked up that goes Sunday (day off) and then Mon-tues-wed (reserve days), but still ends up paying fully over guarantee?

You’re getting all the extra pay even though the trip touched 3 reserve days? But started 1 day earlier on an off day? If I’m reading that correctly, that’s a damn good deal!

Just to make sure I understand that, Sunday was off. But Mon-Thursday you are reserve. You’re saying a 4 day trip can be picked up that goes Sunday (day off) and then Mon-tues-wed (reserve days), but still ends up paying fully over guarantee?

You’re getting all the extra pay even though the trip touched 3 reserve days? But started 1 day earlier on an off day? If I’m reading that correctly, that’s a damn good deal!
Yup. OG. I’ve never done it as I’ve never sat reserve on the AA side but I get alerts for it on my phone. When I upgrade this summer I plan on doing weekends off long call reserve and may give it a shot.

It is a good deal, but then there are downsides like your days "off" can be moved at the company's discretion, so they can fly you into days off without even paying you if you're still under guarantee.

It is a good deal, however, its hard to get sometimes because through a long list of line holders first. If it makes it through all of that often times theyll bust up the trip to fit the reserves they do have or to entice line holders to pick up an easier trip. Some people making a living out of bidding reserve with weekends off, then jumping on trips over the weekend overlapping days theyd have to work already...and sometimes for premium pay.

It is a good deal, however, its hard to get sometimes because through a long list of line holders first. If it makes it through all of that often times theyll bust up the trip to fit the reserves they do have or to entice line holders to pick up an easier trip. Some people making a living out of bidding reserve with weekends off, then jumping on trips over the weekend overlapping days theyd have to work already...and sometimes for premium pay.

Oh. It’s not just first come first serve for open time on a reserve day off? As in if you see it, you can’t just click and add it to your schedule?

Oh. It’s not just first come first serve for open time on a reserve day off? As in if you see it, you can’t just click and add it to your schedule?
Slightly more complicated than that. But I will say in my division (DFW airbus domestic) every single day there’s a lot of premium and OG for the most part. And it goes by seniority. From what I’ve seen I should be able to get OG If I choose to try it (as long as we are in negotiations I won’t touch a trip on a day off) at 60% or so in seat.

No, an open trip must go through a list of things first and for a reserve to even have a chance at it, it has to be the day before or the day of the trip. When a trip comes open during that time line holders can first jump on it, if no line holders then typically it goes to reserves who are on duty that day, then after those are exhausted then premium then the reserves on days off, all in seniority order.
Gotta feel it out, if it’s a beautiful day across America you’re likely not going to have much luck making it all the way down that list. T storms all across the hubs and it’s time
To play the game.

Back