Oh ‘Mericun XXL

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
From the PHL Reps:

Fellow PHL Pilots,

Below is a chart provided by Delta Management that outlines the disparity in profit sharing between Delta, United, and American. Since we are employed by American, we will only focus on the disparity between Delta and American Airlines.

Not that we want to rub it in, but pilots at Delta will make substantially more than pilots here at American. This is even before Delta's industry-leading pay rates take effect. This disparity is only further worsened by this management's insistence that all wholly owned employees be included in the total profit sharing pool, which reduces the profit sharing payout for American Airlines pilots by about 10%. So even if this management team can figure out how to match Delta profits, we will still receive 10% less profit sharing as a result of the larger payout pool here at American.

Many pilots have told us that improved quality of life is a "must have" in our next agreement. Since the release of the Delta TA, we have been consistently asked by our newer pilots whether they should remain here at American or possibly jump ship and head to the more lucrative and pilot-friendly Delta. While this determination is ultimately the decision of each individual, we can tell these pilots that if the past action by this management is any indication of how things will go, this "cost advantage on the backs of its pilots" management team will not change and will not come close to what Delta pilots enjoy as it pertains to quality of life. Let them prove us wrong.

With this in mind, and thinking of our newer pilots with less than 5 years here at American, we thought it would be helpful for pilots to see the upgrade DOH for the two most recent Vacancy Bids at Delta. We have been told by newer pilots that they came to American because of the quick upward movement and upgrades. Not so fast! Delta's most recent bid includes upgrades after just a few months at Delta. Captain upgrades with less than 1 year seniority highlighted in yellow.

A=CA B=FO 765=767-400 7ER =757/767-300

No one knows what our next contract will include, but we can't just ignore this management's history. Specifically, its unwillingness to improve work rules/quality of life. We know it will be difficult for even this management to offer anything less than the new standard when it comes to pay, However, we believe, unfortunately, that's where it will end. If you're OK with Delta $$ (at least initially) and spending the next 25-35 years of your life working with horrific work rules and little scheduling flexibility, then do nothing and just live with it.

However, if bottom-of-the-industry quality of life isn't what you signed on for as a professional airline pilot, and quality of life is important to you, we strongly recommend you APPLY TO DELTA NOW AS A PLACEHOLDER, and at least start the process and get in line so if our management continues with their "just say no" approach, you're ready to make the move. As difficult as it may seem, think about where you would be (see charts above) if you had left for Delta a few years ago. We are not the only airline with significant upward progression. It's everywhere! Delta pilots hired in August 2022 were just awarded captain!!

Don't just hope for the best; hedge your bet and Apply to Delta now.

Finally, your representatives saw where prior negotiations were heading during the Spring of 2022. We were not Johnny Come Lately in opposing the failed TA; rather, we were very vocal in identifying the inadequacies early on, whether it was fighting to rescind the sub-inflation, Negotiating Committee's unilateral pay proposal reduction last Spring or voting against reducing our pay proposal by an industry lagging 50% in August 2022. We (and other pilot groups) understand the value of an airline pilot in today's environment and refuse to sell ourselves short just to get a deal.

Paul DiOrio, Chair

Kevin Wilkes, Vice Chair

PHL-REPS@alliedpilots.org

Attachments

• 9DCA28A5-074A-4455-A67F-B1432C5FB598.jpeg
    9DCA28A5-074A-4455-A67F-B1432C5FB598.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 96
I mean, other than leading with the FYGM for the wholly-owned(s?), is this not part of what a pilat union is supposed to do?

Sorry, but I got a problem with some senior APA leader telling me if I was a junior guy to go quit and join another airline. Perhaps you should walk that walk before telling me? I should leave so you can then point to management my departure and how it's hurting business? Nah thanks.

And pointing out chasing street CA upgrades? Good luck. You'd be a fool to make a a 35+ yr career decision based on what one or two bids looked like.

I mean, I don’t like this silly rhetoric, either. It is typical of APA Neanderthals, though, so I’m sure the target audience is used to it. But I see no reasin to be a snowflake and get offended by it. Just roll your eyes and move along.

It’s all just dumb APA games. I feel sorry for some junior pilot who doesn’t see it as such and then makes a lifetime decision based on it.
I would say the President should step in and stop it, but Ed's just as big of a blowhard as those idiots.

You wanted Lloyd Hill Part Deux? You got him.

Sorry, but I got a problem with some senior APA leader telling me if I was a junior guy to go quit and join another airline. Perhaps you should walk that walk before telling me? I should leave so you can then point to management my departure and how it's hurting business? Nah thanks.

And pointing out chasing street CA upgrades? Good luck. You'd be a fool to make a a 35+ yr career decision based on what one or two bids looked like.
It’s pretty obvious that this is posturing. Just politics. Though people do leave AA for Delta. Just as people leave United for AA, and people at Delta leave for FedEx.

Probably politics at play, though they gloss over an important point. There is a reason the left seat is so junior in so many categories here...the QOL sucks. Assuming the contract passes, I really hope the new work rules accomplish their intended purpose and address this, optimizer be damned.

That could also have the effect of senior cats finally upgrading and keeping the recent junior upgrades that way for a looong time.

It’s pretty obvious that this is posturing. Just politics. Though people do leave AA for Delta. Just as people leave United for AA, and people at Delta leave for FedEx.

I follow a few FedEx guys on the 'Gram and they always post the new class info. It seems every class has pilots from the big three, Delta, United and AA. I wonder how much seniority these individuals are giving up when they do leave....

I don't exactly know how APA organizes their regional groups, but yes, when they get together they might make PHL sit at the kids' table. Or at least pull them aside with an "Oh, Phil."

The rhetoric was weird for the message.

agreed, we had 2 leave for Delta in our class, likewise, we had 2 guys from UA in our class at AA, one also left for SW but apparently he's at FDX now.

If the roles were reversed and this was my LEC I’m sure you’d be having a party

The only thing more painful than having to go into an AA hub is having to go into an AA hub during contract negotiations. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a conga line move slower than CLT this week.

Theres no slow down going on.
…they’re normally this slow? I try to avoid airline hubs whenever possible but when I did DFW a while back I don’t remember nearly as much “we’ll need a minute” “we’re waiting on numbers” or just taxiing at 5 kts.

Back