Oh RJ N00b (a PSA rant)

I always wanted to know if I had a nickname like several other members of the department. But no one would ever tell me. :confused:

I never heard a nickname for you either. Really, only the Hillbilly Hammer had one... oh and Maureen had one, but I can't remember what it was.

Apparently PSA stopped hiring fresh FOs till next summer. Literally shooting themselves in the foot.

Do you happen to know if they cancelled the Dec class(es)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I understand their focus are on DECs and high time FOs.

That said, the United DEC plan is way way more valuable than what PSA or any AA carrier has to offer.

Seriously though. Why go to PSA if you can get to United in 2 years as a DEC? AA flow will take a long time while experiencing some of the worst reserve rules in the country for 2-3 years. Just not worth the hassle.

There are certainly airlines ‘well known’ for failing pilots on items that would be an ordinary debrief item, TOPS, anywhere else.

There are certainly airlines ‘well known’ for failing pilots on items that would be an ordinary debrief item, TOPS, anywhere else.
Hi! It’s american eagle calling, my name is 2012, and I’m wanting to let you know to watch out for the A B C gang on the E145! You should know how many lights come on in the cabin if the emergency lights switch is placed in the ON position. Do you have a few minutes to talk?

At Comair circa 2007-8, I got my behind chewed out on a systems oral debrief because I didn’t know how many fan blades where on the engine and how many static wicks there were. Yet we had a guy stall a CRJ-7 at 41,000 feet with pax on board and a year later he’s a check airmen.

Seriously though. Why go to PSA if you can get to United in 2 years as a DEC? AA flow will take a long time while experiencing some of the worst reserve rules in the country for 2-3 years. Just not worth the hassle.

Estimated flow times for someone hired at my United Express carrier now are much longer than 2 years. And the pay is much lower than at PSA.

Estimated flow times for someone hired at my United Express carrier now are much longer than 2 years. And the pay is much lower than at PSA.
CommuteAir has been advertising a DEC flow of exactly 2 years. If that isn't true then they could possibly run into some issues in the future. Their docs don't have any asterisks or gotcha language attached.

That said, the laundry list of pilot pushing items isn't cool. Reminds me of the crap Delta tried to pull when they offered Endeavor new hires a flow but no one else.

Screenshot_20221117-084110.png

Last edited:
CommuteAir has been advertising a DEC flow of exactly 2 years. If that isn't true then they could possibly run into some issues in the future. Their docs don't have any asterisks or gotcha language attached.

That said, the laundry list of pilot pushing items isn't cool. Reminds me of the crap Delta tried to pull when they offered Endeavor new hires a flow but no one else.

View attachment 67882

The "2 years" appears to be based on the 24-month minimum requirement listed in the left column. Naturally as a regional recruitment poster item it's a best case scenario, not a guarantee. I'm skeptical you'd have much success if you tried to sue because you didn't flow within 2 years.

I agree about the pilot-pushing stuff though. Not a fan of policies that incentivize flying while sick.

The "2 years" appears to be based on the 24-month minimum requirement listed in the left column. Naturally as a regional recruitment poster item it's a best case scenario, not a guarantee. I'm skeptical you'd have much success if you tried to sue because you didn't flow within 2 years.

I agree about the pilot-pushing stuff though. Not a fan of policies that incentivize flying while sick.
While I would advise to seek more clarification, it does not say "minimum." That is what I mean by the lack of gotcha language and asterisks.

View attachment 67882
I want to know who those idiots are that agreed to go sit in the GFS with their uniforms on! I would've referred them to pro stans!

Back