Finishing college

Bamaaviator

Just finished my CSEL and looking to get my CFI in the next few months. I'm debating on whether to finish my bachelors degree when I'm a CFI, or further down the road to make myself competitive for the majors as my long term career goals are to get on with a major. I have 2 years of college but had to withdraw several years back due to life's circumstances. I've contemplated back and forth on whether I should finish, but I realized that as each year passes, it's safe to assume that I will kick myself in the rear for not finishing when I'm 50 and up. I don't want to get to that point in life and have deep regrets.

I'm looking at finishing online but I won't rule out attending at a campus for night classes. What are some good schools that offer online business degrees? I have an interest in business. My previous major was history. Although I love history, I realized before that I don't love history enough to the point that I'd make a career as a historian. There's not much you can do with a bachelor's in history unless you want to teach it, which would require a master's and a Ph.D.

How many of you guys and gals were able to finish a degree while working as a professional pilot? Is it easier to do this as an instructor, a regional pilot, a freight pilot, etc? Any tips and advice is greatly appreciated!

Finish now, finish now, finish now. The longer you wait to complete your degree the harder and harder it will be to finish it. I'm a regional FO now and I wish I'd started this process a long time ago.

Listen to this man. The older I get, the dumber I get.

Just play XBOX four hours less per week....

Finish now, finish now, finish now. The longer you wait to complete your degree the harder and harder it will be to finish it. I'm a regional FO now and I wish I'd started this process a long time ago.
Did you finish your degree? If so, did you do it while working as an airline pilot? Or prior to the airlines?

I finished my bachelors online while working full time as a pilot (Fractional). Its rough. If you can do it now at a school, DO IT NOW! Take night classes, or work your CFI schedule around school if you can. It sucks being in a cool location on an overnight but you're stuck in the hotel doing homework.

I finished my degree while working as a flight instructor and 135 pilot. I had 2 little kids at home during this time, so school always took a backseat to family and work. It took me 4 years to complete 4 semesters of classes to get it done. I've found that if you wait for "the perfect time" to get something done that you will likely never do it.
Just jump in now and force yourself to finish regardless of whatever else is going on in life. You'll be glad you did.

Back