Finally!

falconvalley

Absentee Dad of the OOTSK, Runner, Cat Frustrator
I joined this website 11 years ago, soon to be 3 jobs ago, not having a CLUE what was in store. I think I had a question about AirNet, my soon-to-be first full-time flying job. Went on to fly for the Home Team for Milwaukee (Minor Leagues). That didn't last nearly long enough, but man did I see a ton of ball games while sitting reserve as a single guy, while the future mother of my 4 girls worked her ass off and wondered when this pilot guy would text her back. I ended up at Chautauqua Airlines, hoping to generate some revenue for my new family (we married in Vegas during JC2008). I had no idea I'd be with the Republic brand until 2018. It was my lifeboat that I made my home for a decade.

When I was 6, I told EVERYONE I wanted to be a pilot. I was mostly told to keep an open mind. I should've listened, for it would have helped me navigate the long, winding road of aviation.

I get to fly 747s for Kalitta Air. Never in my wildest dreams...

I was beginning to think I would have to become a code breaker to find "The" job, but I can't say there was much of a code to crack here. I had a couple friends say nice things about me and the rest was simple. I'm learning so much already. If anybody has questions about Kalitta or Republic, let me know.

Small world. We interviewed once place together and meet at a different place now.

Congratulations! If you have any questions at all about anything while drinking from the fire hose, don’t be afraid to ask and I’ll do my best to help.

Also, there’s an interview group on Monday (which another JCer will be partaking in) so you’ll get a free lunch!

Last edited:
Small world. We interviewed once place together and meet at a different place now.

Congratulations! If you have any questions at all about anything while drinking from the fire hose, don’t be afraid to ask and I’ll do my best to help.

Also, there’s an interview group on Monday (which another JCer will be partaking in) so you’ll get a free lunch!

You're at Kalitta too?

You flying out of Willow Run in Ypsilanti now?

The HQ is there. I don't think they do a ton of flying out of there, though. It's out of some of the big freight dog airports, CVG, JFK, ORD, and other places around the World.

Back