Aviate interview. Weird HR question to discuss.

En Garde! No! Not meow...

There are spelling mistakes and typos that are common. Then there are a row and two letters away on the keyboard. Then, finally, their/they're/there are uni-... uni-... uni-... cowwwage gwadooates. Sometimes you hit, say, the engine heat instead of the engine & wing heat. But you don't typically confuse the anti-ice and the lights.

And, pray tell precisely why I should be careful in an environment in which pretty much everything I say is disparaged? I'm kinda inured...

How’s your day going man?

How’s your day going man?
Good! Qs on arrival. Now on the ground. Angry birds squawking over the usual paperwork and scheduling issues. But, I'd say...Right now?? Stress level at about 75%, which is far, far better than the normal 90-95%. So, you know, I've got THAT going for me...

How about you?

There are spelling mistakes and typos that are common. Then there are a row and two letters away on the keyboard. Then, finally, their/they're/there are uni-... uni-... uni-... cowwwage gwadooates. Sometimes you hit, say, the engine heat instead of the engine & wing heat. But you don't typically confuse the anti-ice and the lights.

And, pray tell precisely why I should be careful in an environment in which pretty much everything I say is disparaged? I'm kinda inured to the suck...
Then STOP saying anything. Or texting or typing, or posting…..

And, pray tell precisely why I should be careful in an environment in which pretty much everything I say is disparaged? I'm kinda inured to the suck...
Just... stop.

Go Châtaigneraie!!

Châtaigneraie... Chicanery.

Carbohydrates... Hydrocarbons.

Ah yes, the second happiest day of a boat owners life

I like to think i beat the system by buying something older, cosmetically imperfect, but with an absurdly low time engine. Essentially letting the last dude’s happiest day trickle down like a dollar during Reganomics.

I like to think i beat the system by buying something older, cosmetically imperfect, but with an absurdly low time engine. Essentially letting the last dude’s happiest day trickle down like a dollar during Reganomics.

Haha, yeah, you found the hole in the market! No one's ever thought of that one before, it's smooth sailing from here on out! :D

Fair winds and following seas, skipper.

I can’t figure out with this post if you bought a boat or got married a second time ;)

You should really post a trigger warning before posting something like this. *shiver*.... :)
(I agree with the recommendation though).
So tell me about your years with the airlines.

1710969790576.png

Buy this book and go through it. There's a section of common HR questions.
View attachment 77017
Here's my advice. Look 'em straight in the eyeballs. Don't blink. Say NOTHING... while continuing to look 'em straight in the eyeballs. That's about as good as "H""R" should ever expect from any real human. Anything less they win; You lose.

Here's my advice. Look 'em straight in the eyeballs. Don't blink. Say NOTHING... while continuing to look 'em straight in the eyeballs. That's about as good as "H""R" should ever expect from any real human. Anything less they win; You lose.

"Welp, looks like we're taking a longer lunch today. Any questions before we walk you out?" :)

"Welp, looks like we're taking a longer lunch today. Any questions before we walk you out?" :)
Yup. I'd say you're pretty much spot on.

But then later, you know... don't complain about the quality that remains.

Choose one. Despite what marketing tells us, over and over and over again, ad nauseam 'til death do our aircraft depart, you can't have everything. Quality, Reliability, Price... pick any ONE. (Used to be any two not too long ago. That's shrinkflation for you.)

Back