What If?

Full Stop! Chrysler had a 727? I need to know more about this. My mind is boggled.
They had a 727 sim. To get the full F/E ticket I had to go around the patch in a real life CAL 727 out of LAX at like 2am. Chrysler rented it. As an aside, my instructor at Chrysler was this poor guy that had flown the Shah in Iran before the revolt and was way up at Iran Air. He had to flee the country and came to American assuming we'd welcome him with open arms and he'd be a shoe in for an airline job. He ended up doing 727 F/E training for Chrysler Air. Then skip several years. He must have got hired at Evergreen or Interstate cause I get hired at UPS in 1990 and he's on the list way senior to me. I think he somehow got hired at the beginning of UPS in 88. I saw him around Brown a few times in the early days. Very mild mannered guy. Flew out of ONT.

They had a 727 sim. To get the full F/E ticket I had to go around the patch in a real life CAL 727 out of LAX at like 2am. Chrysler rented it. As an aside, my instructor at Chrysler was this poor guy that had flown the Shah in Iran before the revolt and was way up at Iran Air. He had to flee the country and came to American assuming we'd welcome him with open arms and he'd be a shoe in for an airline job. He ended up doing 727 F/E training for Chrysler Air. Then skip several years. He must have got hired at Evergreen or Interstate cause I get hired at UPS in 1990 and he's on the list way senior to me. I think he somehow got hired at the beginning of UPS in 88. I saw him around Brown a few times in the early days. Very mild mannered guy. Flew out of ONT.
Thanks God. I can't imagine Chrysler with an actual 727. That was before my time, I didn't start breaking things and cussing at KVNY until the early '90s. I will say I miss those days, it was not a free for all and cowboys were sort of frowned on (unless they did something cool), but it was a much more open environment. Over the years I've gotten to know the real players on the field. Some are good little small operators, these days some are large bullies. It's lost its soul anymore and it makes me sad. There was a time not long ago that seems so far away now...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htqs9frOdo8

Back