ExpressJet furloughs 346

BINGO! My life right now revolves around:

-Trying to get a job as a ski instructor this winter
-Trying to figure out how to get my new Juciy 5's to stop from squeeling
-Trying to figure out how to be home more
-Trying to figure out how to ride more
-Trying to figure out what kind of all mountain ski to get this winter

I'll be furlough while sitting in the Canary Islands with a drink in one hand and my other arm around my new wife.

Dynastars are zee best. If you want a job at snowbird, instructing, my parents have both been there for 10+ years. Snowbird usually has a billion kids from australia and New Zealand with seasonal work visas. This year the goverment took them all away so the bird is hard up for help....PM me if you are serious about ski instr. Or you can spend your winter in Park City, Vermont.
Sucks about expressjet, 3 instructors from my flight school went there last year. Got to spend a winter in Newark and now they are all furloughed.

Dynastars are zee best. If you want a job at snowbird, instructing, my parents have both been there for 10+ years. Snowbird usually has a billion kids from australia and New Zealand with seasonal work visas. This year the goverment took them all away so the bird is hard up for help....PM me if you are serious about ski instr. Or you can spend your winter in Park City, Vermont.
Sucks about expressjet, 3 instructors from my flight school went there last year. Got to spend a winter in Newark and now they are all furloughed.
He's interviewing at Deer Valley here in a few days since we live up in PC and all. (plus I'm an instructor there too...) It'd be a bit of a pain to drive to the bird every day! Thanks though :)

I propose a new argument...

Piston v. Turbine!

Let me throw the first jab...

You turbine pilots, jet A, bleeds, flight directors, blah, blah, blah...

Real men fly 172s.

Hey I wouldn't mind. I've been through there a few times in the last few weeks and seem to have the process down.

Here's the quick and sloppy count of where I'm at and about where I would be in the other bases with the current bid:

I'm really starting to think Newark. Some of those included in the bid are inactive pilots too. It's a tougher commute, but I think it would be better to commute to a line than to commute to reserve.
Looks good enough to stand a chance at a relief.

Let's see how things pan out. Looks like we're not out of the woods yet.

Im sorry for my fellow pilots getting the dreaded letter. I was able to hold on to my job, but got displaced to CLE, 10 from the bottom on RSV. So while im happy to have my job, lifes gonna tough goin from a one leg 40 min commute, to a 2 leg, some times 2 day, commute to and from cle to wait on a phone call. Can someone remind me why i decided to be an airline pilot?

ExpressJet furloughs 346, effective October 1, 2008.

I'm out, as are a lot of other folks around here. A few of the captains I know here will remain captains, but those of us in the bottom 346 are all out.

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you and the others the best of Luck...

Kalitta Air is looking to fill 20+ 747 positions at the up coming AIRINC job fair in DC.

Yeah that's cute but it ain't so funny to the cats that take this career seriously and have bills to pay with this job. You might think that it's "YOUR DRRREEEAAAAMMM!!!!" but to some folks it's become a nightmare.

I take this career seriously, and I have bills to pay with this job. It was kinda funny to me . . .

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you and the others the best of Luck...

Kalitta Air is looking to fill 20+ 747 positions at the up coming AIRINC job fair in DC.
now there's an idea on what to do while waiting for the call back...unless you lose your seniority number by flying with someone else??

too bad they charge everyone to just get in the door at that job fair though....if we had the connections airinc does, i doubt we'd charge for the opportunity to interview...

Eric, is there a way to get a foot in the door with Kalitta without having to pay for the job fair?

now there's an idea on what to do while waiting for the call back...unless you lose your seniority number by flying with someone else??

too bad they charge everyone to just get in the door at that job fair though....if we had the connections airinc does, i doubt we'd charge for the opportunity to interview...

Eric, is there a way to get a foot in the door with Kalitta without having to pay for the job fair?

Kalitta used to attend the Aeroservices career fair in MIA all the time. Not sure if they still do, but if so, that career fair is free and is usually less crowded. I recommend dropping the dollars for the Air Inc fair, though, because no matter what people think about Darby and his rhetoric, his career fairs have gotten hundreds of pilots jobs.

Well it is Jetcareers.com :D

Propcareers didn't sound as glamorous and I hadn't purchased "Airlinepilot.com" yet busta!

BTW, non-sequitur of course, about your drunken voicemail a couple weeks ago, we have some of those things in the cupboard!

...and reverse thrust.... HiYooOoOOoOoOooOOoo!

Ok, I'll stop.

I've only actually used reverse once in the Dash, and that was just to see what it was like. About the same amount of times I've used the brakes too.

Back