Spirit March 24 Opening

Bustedcropdusta

Saw this go live and figured I’d share it to the JC crowd. I know absolutely nothing other than that it’s posted. Whether or not going there after recent current events is a smart choice, is not something I’m qualified to speak on. But for anyone looking to get out the regional rat race and want to live in FL; this could be just what the AME ordered. Best of luck to those that apply. 🤞🏼😎

Just so everyone knows what they would be getting into at Spirit
spirit.jpg

Pls. For your sanity. Not recommended. Pay is atrocious rents up to 2600$ avg for a one bed stick it out in a lower cost of living area and go to a major or elsewhere. Just my 2 cents. Take it as you will
This made me feel better... as an individual living in Florida moving to the other state for first dispatcher job.

How do they determine which location they need you to work in? I currently live in Orlando, however I do have family in south Florida.

How do they determine which location they need you to work in? I currently live in Orlando, however I do have family in south Florida.
You tell them your preference and they determine everyone’s preferences by order of SSN and staffing needs. Have a feeling Miramar will need more spots filled than Orlando…

You tell them your preference and they determine everyone’s preferences by order of SSN and staffing needs. Have a feeling Miramar will need more spots filled than Orlando…
No way! They don't even tell you up front?
You're expected to take a job without knowing where you're going to work?
I thought they would at least interview for specific locations.
So they'll pay you the lowest in the industry by a huge margin, and not even tell you up front what city you'll have to find a way to make the low pay work in?
Do better, Spirit.

My biggest concern with Spirit is their long term viability now that the merger fell through and the P&W issue is hitting its stride. Everything I’ve read and heard makes their existence beyond late 2025 questionable. Will that be enough time to get your experience and bounce to a Major? Or will they right the ship and keep on going?

I’ve played this game myself with a different carrier and very narrowly came out ahead, but I know a lot of fellow dispatchers ended up going down with the ship.

Everything I’ve read and heard makes their existence beyond late 2025 questionable. Will that be enough time to get your experience and bounce to a Major? Or will they right the ship and keep on going?

That good sir/madam is the million dollar question(s). When those debt payments come due for NK..... That'll be the real test.

The way everyone has pumped the brakes on hiring, I could personally see a 12-18 month cycle between hiring periods, similar to how DL and AA have been doing. Given that just about everyone has just wrapped up with hiring or are in the final phases; I'd go ahead and set the clock. Whether or not that leaves a comfortable margin will be for whoever applies to decide.

There's also the fact that there are likely to be some NK Dx'ers that are looking ahead and jumping ship before it goes down that will dilute the job market even further. I haven't been in this industry long enough to see how this plays out. If anyone would care to offer their insight, be my guest.

No way! They don't even tell you up front?
You're expected to take a job without knowing where you're going to work?
I thought they would at least interview for specific locations.
So they'll pay you the lowest in the industry by a huge margin, and not even tell you up front what city you'll have to find a way to make the low pay work in?
Do better, Spirit.
They’ll try to make your base work I’ll give them that but Mco is staffed well now and Fll will need more spots filled so likely Fll will be the only option

My biggest concern with Spirit is their long term viability now that the merger fell through and the P&W issue is hitting its stride. Everything I’ve read and heard makes their existence beyond late 2025 questionable. Will that be enough time to get your experience and bounce to a Major? Or will they right the ship and keep on going?

I’ve played this game myself with a different carrier and very narrowly came out ahead, but I know a lot of fellow dispatchers ended up going down with the ship.
Firsthand there are individuals with 3-8 years here trying to get to delta or AA and have been passed up for internal classes or even regional candidates. Spirit seems to have a stain recently across legacies within the past 6 months. A few still trickle out but not as many as used to be going to a legacy. With everyone pulling back hiring plans if you move that will likely be the place you stay for at least a few years. It seems dx pipelines for internal candidates are becoming the new norm. The financial aspect isn’t pretty either. Add in the contract that is now in mediation the cards stack up against dispatch. Big wigs claim they have a plan but won’t disclose any details until a couple months from the earliest which means there is no plan

Firsthand there are individuals with 3-8 years here trying to get to delta or AA and have been passed up for internal classes or even regional candidates. Spirit seems to have a stain recently across legacies within the past 6 months. A few still trickle out but not as many as used to be going to a legacy. With everyone pulling back hiring plans if you move that will likely be the place you stay for at least a few years. It seems dx pipelines for internal candidates are becoming the new norm. The financial aspect isn’t pretty either. Add in the contract that is now in mediation the cards stack up against dispatch. Big wigs claim they have a plan but won’t disclose any details until a couple months from the earliest which means there is no plan

I doubt the chance of a failed airline is a stain for potential candidates and their 121 scheduled experience. It’s still the same 121 experience and not supplemental either. Unless you’re referring to something else…

I doubt the chance of a failed airline is a stain for potential candidates and their 121 scheduled experience. It’s still the same 121 experience and not supplemental either. Unless you’re referring to something else…
No just saying more people used to regularly leave to legacies and now that number is rapidly dwindling is all

Back