ExpressJet furloughs 346

That sucks man.

Good luck to you and all others.

But hey- there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

I know you flew freight, so your hours are higher than the average ERJ FO..

... there are lots of Legacy jobs floating around these days.. Cushy 135 hulls with nice carpet and the like.

Check those out. Might turn something up for you.

Not so much.

I got hired at Amflight with 650 hours, Express with 850. I don't think I even have 1,500 hours yet to tell you the truth.

Meaning what? The last upgrade to hold is from 3/05??

Correct, but who knows what upgrade will shoot to at this point. 5+ years? 7 years? Who knows. We've gotta get everybody back on property, then start hiring again for that to happen.

There are people senior to that guy who CAN hold captain, but didn't upgrade and now won't be able to get in the left seat until we upgrade again.

Not so much.

I got hired at Amflight with 650 hours, Express with 850. I don't think I even have 1,500 hours yet to tell you the truth.

All that really matters is you have 1200. A lot of guys here are sub-1200 and furloughed.

Also our upgrade is probably somewhere in the 3/05 range as well with the downgrades. It was into 10/05 or so.

Best wishes homey (and others). At least now you know you can make your own wedding and have some time to ride while you figure stuff out :)

Give me a buzz if you need anything.

BINGO! My life right now revolves around:

-Trying to get a job as a ski instructor this winter
-Trying to figure out how to get my new Juciy 5's to stop from squeeling
-Trying to figure out how to be home more
-Trying to figure out how to ride more
-Trying to figure out what kind of all mountain ski to get this winter

I'll be furlough while sitting in the Canary Islands with a drink in one hand and my other arm around my new wife.

Sorry, John.

But I know you've got some things lined up anyway, and I hope you take advantage of those things.

Best of luck to all involved. As already said by many try to keep as positive of an outlook on things as you can. Really that's the one thing that has guided me through my time so far. Although hard try to find the silver lining.

I'll be furlough while sitting in the Canary Islands with a drink in one hand and my other arm around my new wife.

John-

From all of things you've listed it sounds like you have a lot to look forward to. You will certainly be missed and I'm sorry things turned out the way they did. I'm a firm believer in "things happen for a reason." Who knows what that reason is but I'm sure in the end things are going to work out just fine for you, you're that type of person.

Good luck guys and gals. This is sucky news. Heads up, shoulders back. Things will get better.

Sorry to hear JH, for you and your fellow pilots. Maybe I'll start a furloughed club for all of us refugees.

My furlough plans are similiar to yours, just substitute skiing for hunting. I've been building a boat, carving duck decoys, putting up deer tree stands and stalking out my turf. I can't wait to get furloughed cuz a lot of animals are gonna die and become my dinner.

But relax, folks, this is just all my plan to feed myself while on furlough. If you've never mixed Ramen noodles with some fresh venison...you don't know WHAT you're missing. Cheap too. :laff:

Bambi says, HOW DARE YOU!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• AUG 8.jpg
    AUG 8.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 372
I´m very sorry for everyone furloughed. I´m going from a hard line holder to a very junior reserve in my base, but I´m happy I still have a job. I guess it´s payback time to the reserve god since I was only on reserve for 10 days the first time around.

Good luck everyone.

Mike

That really stinks!!! Best of luck to everyone at Express!

On the bright side Jtrain, it sounds like you will get tons of skiing in. Hopefully you get the ski instructor job. I used to ski nearly every weekend, but in the last decade it has gone down to once or twice a year.

Now that is furloughing in style!

Sorry to hear the news, better days are ahead!

Let's just hope the economy turns around and everyone who wants to fly for a living can get back to doing it.

Back