Question for Delta Airline Pilots

Ahh yes!

Raw vegetables are a barometer on how that geographic location treats immigrants, refugees and the socioeconomic class that dominates the agricultural industry.

You want cheap lettuce at all costs, well chances are to keep costs low, the farmer is cutting corners like not offering access to healthcare and the site basics like hand washing stations and portable toilets. So how does one get e.Coli from lettuce and other fresh field-grown? Do you really want to know? :)

View attachment 73946
Was treated recently for an e-coli infection. Didn't even know I had one until some testing prior to another procedure🤷‍♂️

Did I not wash properly after pooping? Did I forget to wash the lettuce well before making a salad?

No idea.

A bit more careful now about washing and rinsing, I know damned well where it came from - somehow. No need to assign blame for what the antibiotics cared for; just the need to be vigilant in moving forward - after wiping my own ass or making a salad.

Was treated recently for an e-coli infection. Didn't even know I had one until some testing prior to another procedure🤷‍♂️

Did I not wash properly after pooping? Did I forget to wash the lettuce well before making a salad?

No idea.

A bit more careful now about washing and rinsing, I know damned well where it came from - somehow. No need to assign blame for what the antibiotics cared for; just the need to be vigilant in moving forward - after wiping my own ass or making a salad.

Yeah, be careful!

So that said, why would anyone go to that “new Mexican joint you HAVE to check out!”
in Europe.

Eating Mexican in Europe sounds like setting oneself up for disappointment.

Let me be clear, I eat what I want without hesitation. But I'm not eating fruits without a thick peel or certain raw vegetables or fruits in certain countries.

And I generally dine "local". Japanese in Japan. French in France. Turkish in Turkey. Mexican in Mexico.

Actually, the only countries/situations I ever had a problem with one time is eating some street meats in Istanbul and drinking an ice tea in Mumbai (from powder, mixed with cool tap water and ice) where my bowels went on strike for an hour or so.

Seriously, enjoy subway! We're not going to fly together so you really don't have to justify your foot long biggest, meatiest, TASTIEST on Italian bread with the works.

How was it?

I had a Big Mac in Tokyo out of half-drunken curiosity once and it was symmetrical, perfectly seasoned, delicately crafted and there is no way Skyler and Kayleigh-Brianna is going to be able to replicate that here in the US.
Oooooh. Might have to try that next time I am there. But I can't wait for sushi on my next overnight next month.

I had a CA tell me all about the crew meal salads. I will say I have stopped eating them too. Not like they were particularly interesting......a bunch of leaves, 2 cherry tomatoes, and all the same vinaigrette every time. Subway is kind of a staple of military bases, on mine it is either that, Wendy's (barf) or the chow hall. So if I need a quick lunch, I will occasionally get a 6 inch. The only veggies that touch my toasted meats and cheese are banana peppers and jalapeños. I do live dangerously and get the red onions too I guess. Way too many outbreaks that have touched places like subway.

I had a CA tell me all about the crew meal salads. I will say I have stopped eating them too. Not like they were particularly interesting......a bunch of leaves, 2 cherry tomatoes, and all the same vinaigrette every time. Subway is kind of a staple of military bases, on mine it is either that, Wendy's (barf) or the chow hall. So if I need a quick lunch, I will occasionally get a 6 inch. The only veggies that touch my toasted meats and cheese are banana peppers and jalapeños. I do live dangerously and get the red onions too I guess. Way too many outbreaks that have touched places like subway.

I have yet to get sick from a crew meal, even the salad.

Ooh, Narita… "Let's go for beer and gyoza, boys! Then to the Jet Lag to talk shop!" :)

*****11 hr flight*****

“Hey, I can’t wait to see you again. How about NOW for beer and gyoza?”

Dude. We just worked together. 11 hrs. I said GOOD DAY SIR :)

I don’t understand you international boys and the incessant and constant need to “hang out together.”

Back