Oh LATAM

That’s the thing, you don’t even have actually do anything outdoorsie, you just wear Patagucci and people assume you are.

The best is when these idiots come up here in the summertime, all kitted out in $1000+ LARPing costumes from REI, and my 4 year old passes them on the trail (which is difficultly level 0/green) in slip on shoes and a hoodie, while they fiddle with their absurd hiking backpack+baby carrier, hunting for a new diaper in all the pockets they have never opened. I just want to yell "its in your stupid Subaru/Audi you conformist dum dums.....and your toddler looks like a moron, he needs a haircut"

Also I should have said "faux outdoors enthusiast"

Last edited:
The best is when these idiots come up here in the summertime, all kitted out in $1000+ LARPing costumes from REI, and my 4 year old passes them on the trail (which is difficultly level 0/green) in slip on shoes and a hoodie, while they fiddle with their absurd hiking backpack+baby carrier, hunting for a new diaper in all the pockets they have never opened. I just want to yell "its in your stupid Subaru/Audi you conformist dum dums.....and your toddler looks like a moron, he needs a haircut"

Is this the liberal equivalent of hiking rolling coal? ;)

Carhartt is working gear, not hiking gear. And has nothing to do with region.
As yes "work". Ashleigh, Ashlee, Ashlea looking down.

m_5fa4b89d09d760579a5952ab.jpg

Real NWer would have Eddie Bauer
I remember when Eddie Bauer used to make real outdoor gear!

Or Carhartt. Although they are slowly getting ruined by out of region people.
Never ever ever ever trust someone wearing clean Carhartts. If they don’t have oil stains or aren’t torn to shreds I’m not interested in your opinion :bounce:.

Your daughter sounds pretty rad.

That is how I feel about controllers who berate pilots as well, even from this side of the mic.
I have a clip somewhere of an old ramp tower coworker who washed out of Air Force ATC in a previous life berating JAL for messing up as he calls them "China Air" over and over, so naturally they don't think it is for them. "Those Asian accents always make me think 'China' and throw me off". OK, Boomer.

[pause scene]

[cut to camera on narrator, sitting down roaring fireplace to his back, pipe in hand, reading classes low on his nose]

[narrator]: "Now this is when usually mild-mannered Alec got stabby and choked the crowd".

:)
Who would have guessed Carhartt would have been the most controversial post I have made in months :bounce:

Seriously though, patagonia is for fake outdoors enthusiasts and carhartt is for fake laborers...unless you are a real laborer. Anyone remember Dickies in the 90s?

Idgaf Carhartt is comfy af and lasts forever. You can take my carhartt clothes from me when I’m dead because they’ll probably outlast me.

Back