Oh Boeing… again 🤬

It is fun watching our coworkers assume the Max 10 is an imminent arrival because the sim's up and running now.

Annnnnything can happen.

There have been a few airplanes like that. The Hawker 1000 was one. Sims were up and ready to go, I want to say almost two years before an airplane was delivered. The 4000 was even worse...

Working for Boeing airlines, I have heard comments for years about how Boeing is perfect and the MAX 10 will come on property for sure, just because it's Boeing and they can achieve anything, and we will of course buy it and add it to the fleet. This is the first time that basically everyone is nervous, uneasy, and unsure about the future...

Working for Boeing airlines, I have heard comments for years about how Boeing is perfect and the MAX 10 will come on property for sure, just because it's Boeing and they can achieve anything, and we will of course buy it and add it to the fleet. This is the first time that basically everyone is nervous, uneasy, and unsure about the future...
I want to think they still can (bolded bit), product originally of the PNW as I am, but I’m less and less confident that they actually can.

I have a friend who did QA at Boeing, up to the “I am designated to do this by the FAA” level, and I sent them the whistleblower account of the Max9 door plug fiasco linked above, and they were all “yup that is entirely and completely believable.”

This isn’t a Kia Rio, you need to have honest to goodness good design and manufacturing and QA processes.

Actually, since the paying-customer airlines are staring to get snitty with Boeing, I’m wondering where the unions fall into the mix.

It seems like they could be an ideological complement to whatever customer discounts Boeing thinks will solve the problem. “Either you FIX these safety concerns to our satisfaction, or your products are gonna have a bad time on our property.”

How does Boeing get along with the *ALPAs? Or at least did before the current crop of Jack Welchers may have lost track of that relationship?

To be fair…if the 10 doesn’t show up, we’re getting 9’s

Next CQ cycle we go in the Max sims

I have CQ next week in all MAX sims. We are converting everything to MAX 9 sims with one NG sim for "differences". You are right though, we will go all MAX9 and I have to be willing to guess that if UAL have slots ahead of us that they are willing to give up, I bet we jump on it.

I have CQ next week in all MAX sims. We are converting everything to MAX 9 sims with one NG sim for "differences". You are right though, we will go all MAX9 and I have to be willing to guess that if UAL have slots ahead of us that they are willing to give up, I bet we jump on it.
How does BM do that with a straight face after raking Boeing over the coals in that interview?

> +13 TAT and simply get a cas message reminder to turn it off…

One would think it’s not that hard to sort out honestly.

Never flown one…. Do they not have CAS messages?

Maybe they should put flight engineers back in to manage that stuff.

CAS or EICAS on the 737?

hahaha-good-one-h535q8pkq6un7500.gif

Yeah, that was pointed out like several pages ago. It’s a ghetto solution but seems like it works 🤷‍♂️

It’s not just good…it’s good enough.
?

The one that triggers AT 10 deg C even though 10 still needs anti ice? Grrrrr.

Correct me if I’m wrong, you could leave icing conditions but the if the TAT still reads below +10, you don’t get a message.

Ya that one.

I’ve never “inadvertently” left A-ICE on. That’s because I only throw it on moments before entering the clouds, and then take it away as soon as we are out.

I’ve had FOs on my leg, we start down from FL350, cloud layer around 20-25k, and they just throw it on. Well it’s anticipated they say. Okay, but we are now drumming around in clear air with 10,000+ ft to go down before hitting ice. Worse, you condition yourself for those switches to be on even when in clear air.

I’ll wait until about ~1000 ft before layer and then throw it on.

We seem to have gotten better about it ever since the MAX A-ICE memo.

Back