Oh Boeing… again 🤬

I’ll answer your question with another question:

Where would the market be without the trillions of dollars force fed into it by what is essentially mandatory contributions?

Do you think the corporate bigwigs plan their retirement with the paltry amount allowed by the 415c limit?

A lot of folks around here are down on corporate/financial leadership, and for good reason. This is just another cog in that wheel, albeit a very large one.

Where would the market be without the trillions of dollars force fed into it by what is essentially mandatory contributions?

Do you think the corporate bigwigs plan their retirement with the paltry amount allowed by the 415c limit?

A lot of folks around here are down on corporate/financial leadership, and for good reason. This is just another cog in that wheel, albeit a very large one.
Exactly. Trillions of dollars injected into funds and retirement programs that are always buying and selling to optimize their returns all of the time, with no concern for the long-term viability of the companies they are investing in

Exactly. Trillions of dollars injected into funds and retirement programs that are always buying and selling to optimize their returns all of the time, with no concern for the long-term viability of the companies they are investing in

You complete me.

Im not sure what the market would look like, but what better option do we have? The last thing I’d want is a pension that could be taken away at any moment. Also as a tax saving investment, I can’t think of anything better than a 401k.

…. with no concern for the long-term viability of the companies they are investing in

Wait what? You know you can set guide rails with investments right?

Like if you’re heavily leveraged in countries from abroad because of immediate growth potential vs say heavily leveraged in treasury bonds that’s a conversation between the investing people and their investment managers. Same as it’s a conversation people should be having with their financial advisor.

It strikes me as insane to think of the people who want to be ethically committed in their investments but pay no mind to long term sustainability of a market or the geopolitical supply chain effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure what the market would look like, but what better option do we have? The last thing I’d want is a pension that could be taken away at any moment. Also as a tax saving investment, I can’t think of anything better than a 401k.
I thought that way for many years. Someone introduced me to a financial planner a little while back and he showed me a different approach to financial investing than the typical 401K. There are so many better options than just the company offering.

Back