Commuter no more!!!

My last 2 years at the regional was living in base, also DFW. It's a completely different life when you don't have to commute, happy for you.

Most of the Kernels have been kicked away, very few out there than we deal with anymore. But yeah PHX had a rep for a while as being the Lukewaffe, etc. a bunch of AF guys brought in their AF buds etc...

Hiring doesn't really do that anymore, the computers pretty much select...

"In the Air Force...."

- proceeds to walk away...

Last page someone talked about an FO breifing expectations…Both seats have their jobs spelled out pretty well. I‘ll do my part, I expect you to do yours. Simple.

"Yeah but before the merger when everything was PERFECT, we did this differently…"

I don't really understand the draw of PHX (no offense, and that's why I don't live there). But "lukewaffe" is pretty funny! It seems like all the really terrible USAF stereotypes in general pretty much center around Viper Fighting Falcon pilots.

I don't really understand the draw of PHX (no offense, and that's why I don't live there). But "lukewaffe" is pretty funny! It seems like all the really terrible USAF stereotypes in general pretty much center around Viper Fighting Falcon pilots.

I have zero connection to anything in PHX...flown in once or twice in my regional days......and even I've heard of "Luke" from my Luv buddy....

It's a fun town, the weather sucks in the summer though.

It's friendly, got a great cultural mix and probably my only beef with it is people that move here for dumb political reasons. "I left California to move to Arizona because of (whatever political drivel)"

"Bruh, this is Phoenix, you might want to move to the Land of the Dirt People up in Ash Fork with that attitude, this is a city"

@derg oh don't get me wrong, it is a cool city with tons of stuff to do. I'd just be perpetually fearful of what happens when either 1) the water runs out, or 2) Ya'll Qaeda finally is successful in destroying the power grid mid-summer. I just like living places where I could theoretically survive in the wild with minimal imported or human derived resources.

Y’all going on about PHX and the Lukewaffe but letting Tucson and the DM->SWA->FSI pipeline off the hook

@derg oh don't get me wrong, it is a cool city with tons of stuff to do. I'd just be perpetually fearful of what happens when either 1) the water runs out, or 2) Ya'll Qaeda finally is successful in destroying the power grid mid-summer. I just like living places where I could theoretically survive in the wild with minimal imported or human derived resources.

If Ya'll Quada takes out part of the power grid this summer, it's going to make Katrina look like Fyre Fest. A two day blackout will have a shocking bodycount in Phoenix.

Back