Old school - 29 years ago

If you think about it, though, it's amazing how much hasn't changed. Check out an old AIM. So much is the same. I still have some Flying magazines from the 70's. Even some of from that pilot careers magazine that Kit Darby ran. One that featured being a pilot at Pan Am and their future. It's all back in WA. Will shoot some pics when I get home.

If you think about it, though, it's amazing how much hasn't changed. Check out an old AIM. So much is the same. I still have some Flying magazines from the 70's. Even some of from that pilot careers magazine that Kit Darby ran. One that featured being a pilot at Pan Am and their future. It's all back in WA. Will shoot some pics when I get home.

There are two sites that will suck you down into the Vortex of Temporal Disposal

Google Books, and search for Flying Magazine. They have the vast majority of back issues from 1926 to 2010s.

Paul Freeman's outstanding "Abandoned Airports" site. You'll lose entire days there if you're not careful, and your cat will walk in and say "ewww, what smells, is that you?" Send the man some cash for his efforts.

I guess my FIH is out of date…

View attachment 75936
At one point I was working on my instrument rating and because I was perhaps flush with cash I signed up for a Jeppessen subscription and they sent me some really cool binders with lots of pretty pictures printed on what seemed like toilet paper. And then I got another package from them with the newest version of the picture. I was into doing revisions for about a minute and decided that my CFI will get my revisions for free, TP was much cheaper, and I canceled my subscription. Back in the early days of my time around jets occasionally you'd walk into the cabin and find a low time pilot who drew the short straw sitting there revising those fancy binders. If they weren't a jerk and it was possible I'd start the APU and give them some ECS relief. I still have those binders, I wonder if they're worth anything?

Back