Commuter no more!!!

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
After 7 months of commuting to PHX and DEN, I’m hanging up my commuter pants! Effective April 1st, I’m driving to work again as a Dallas based pilot!
1f973.png
1f389.png
1f64c.png
1f37e.png
1f972.png

Woooooohooooo!!

After 7 months of commuting to PHX and DEN, I’m hanging up my commuter pants! Effective April 1st, I’m driving to work again as a Dallas based pilot!
1f973.png
1f389.png
1f64c.png
1f37e.png
1f972.png

Woooooohooooo!!

You should write the 121.5 guys so they can rescind that awful advice they gave you about not upgrading. ;)

And congrats. Takes about 6 months or so for the commuter Stockholm Syndrome to wear off.

They'd probably say that if I had just waited 7 months I'd have never had to commute in the first place. :)

You generally upgrade just about the time you should upgrade.

Besides, you might be still waiting for Dallas, but now you've cut your teeth on some other bases, refreshed some dormant skills and when you get the super senior FO that starts out by trying to brief YOU about HIS expectations, you can have some fun with it! :)

They'd probably say that if I had just waited 7 months I'd have never had to commute in the first place. :)

I was just kidding on the square. I'm glad you didn't take their advice. As much as I enjoy that particular podcast, mostly because i'm always looking for good content, those two tend to deliver very hyper-focused on QOL awful career advice that doesn't take math, finances, or future seniority into account. Honestly, if I wasn't driving or on a (Severance-style) mental health walk I would have stopped what I was doing many times to write in to tell them that their advice to Pilot X was really really bad.

One of the interesting parts about not commuting/sitting in a crashpad on RSV (or between trips) is that all the random shows that I was letting stack up to watch... aren't going to get watched. I actually have to be more discerning about the junk media I imbibe vs. watching everything and/or anything to eat up those lonely hours on the road.

Back