300 Workout.

I did the 300 workout today. Ill be paralyzed from the next down for the next week, two weeks. Ill probably highly recommend it, once my parts (arms, legs and torso) work again. Right now, not so much.
I try to mix these workouts up. I did 3 interval workouts last week and swear by it. It helps to find a highschool that uses recycled tires for the track. Helps tremendously with joint pain afterwards. Atleast for us old guys :)

Looks great and I'm going to try it. I tend to get stuck in a rut with my routine so I'm looking forward to this.

I did the 300 workout today. Ill be paralyzed from the next down for the next week, two weeks. Ill probably highly recommend it, once my parts (arms, legs and torso) work again. Right now, not so much.
I try to mix these workouts up. I did 3 interval workouts last week and swear by it. It helps to find a highschool that uses recycled tires for the track. Helps tremendously with joint pain afterwards. Atleast for us old guys :)

Are you talking about the monster truck tire flips? There's a highschool right near my girlfriend's place. They have a 400 pound tire there. I end my workouts with 8 sets of 5 tire flips and a 100 yard sprint. I love tire flips. They engage all of the large muscles.
What were your times like? I didn't have access to a pullup bar or a a box for jumps so I substituted the pullups with burpees and the box jumps with 100 mountain climbers. My time was 11:26. I tend to do about 3 days of circuit training a week as well. I'm going to use this as a benchmark for progress.

*Edit- The rubber track...duh!! :confused: I like the beach. If you have one near you, it's both more challenging and better for your joints! :cool:

Last edited:
Are you talking about the monster truck tire flips? There's a highschool right near my girlfriend's place. They have a 400 pound tire there. I end my workouts with 8 sets of 5 tire flips and a 100 yard sprint. I love tire flips. They engage all of the large muscles.
What were your times like? I didn't have access to a pullup bar or a a box for jumps so I substituted the pullups with burpees and the box jumps with 100 mountain climbers. My time was 11:26. I tend to do about 3 days of circuit training a week as well. I'm going to use this as a benchmark for progress.

*Edit- The rubber track...duh!! :confused: I like the beach. If you have one near you, it's both more challenging and better for your joints! :cool:
I like running on the beach and there are a few places in the Seattle area for that. The track I was talking about is just as gentle, without the scenery.
I did the 300 workout again yesterday and although it was not much easier, I am definitely seeing results (the ole (young) lady is too).

How in the H E double hockey sticks did you get 11:26? That's impressive! Just finished up, had to scale the floor wipers down to 20, my core is pathetically weak, and only a 20lb kettle but everything else as prescribed, and I could only manage 28+ mins and I had to stop a few times as I was close to blacking out/throwing up.

Awesome workout!! Whenever I feel like I am getting in shape I try and find a routine like this to show me how much work I still need to do.

All of you are crazy. I really THOUGHT I was in fairly good shape as I hit the gym quite often. I had to modify this program greatly just to make it through. Having said that I really, really liked the program's intensity. So much that I have done it a few times since. I've always been weak in the pull-up area. I've noticed significant increased strength in that area since.

How in the H E double hockey sticks did you get 11:26? That's impressive! Just finished up, had to scale the floor wipers down to 20, my core is pathetically weak, and only a 20lb kettle but everything else as prescribed, and I could only manage 28+ mins and I had to stop a few times as I was close to blacking out/throwing up.

Awesome workout!! Whenever I feel like I am getting in shape I try and find a routine like this to show me how much work I still need to do.

I just went kinda crazy. :D I've been working on variations of the 300 for a while now. I had to scale it back in the beginning too. There's a park near me where I found different sized rocks and logs and I use them for circuit training days. For instance, I found a comfortable sized and weighted log that I do burpees with. I'll see how many I can do in a minute, then go and time the next exercise so I essentially treat each one as a sprint. No breaks until the circuit is done, and I do 3 circuits. I started with 3 exercises and added another when it got too easy. I'll do 6 on a good day now. The one criteria I have for exercises is that they have to engage as many muscles as possible. It builds more functional strength and endurance for what my workouts are geared towards. My favorites are the log burpees, log lunges with an overhead press, and rock slams which are the same as medicine ball slams. I have about 20 exercises so it's easy to vary it.

Back