Sittin in the big CP seat now

Congrats, man!

You're, um, not still looking for people to move to Moscow are ya? :)

I think you're probably about # 15 in line!! LOL:panic::D

It's funny.... I actually contemplated asking that myself kell. :D I'm very familiar with 135 training and checking after all... who wouldn't need a pilot to be a training curriculum person. :)

Ahh the joy of telling everyone you hit it big.... now we just find out how long your coattails are, huh? ;)

Congratulations! You sound excited and proud, as you should be. Best of luck to you in your new position--I'm sure you'll do well. :rawk:

Congrats! :)

Btw, do you know if Aeroflot hires expats? (Just out of curiosity)

Unfortunatly, Aeroflot does not hire expats. You must be a citizen of the Russian Federation or Belarusia. Should you become a citizen, and speak/read Russian then you are eligible. They have their own abinitio program out here for new pilots. They do the training in Diamond Twin Stars out in Ul'Yanovsk and then advanced jet training in Yak 42. From there they go to the TU-134 and 154 and from there the A320 family of jets. This info is what I was told by an Aeroflot pilot so it may be subject to change at any time.

As for life out here, it is not bad at all. All of our pilots seem to like it. If you are ready for something different. Moscow itself is very European. Cafes, malls, restaurants everywhere. The Russian people themselves are nice when you get to know them but may seem standoffish at first. Sometimes it feels like things are backwards out here because it may take FOREVER to get something done. Also, in Moscow traffic is horrible. Makes the 405 in LA look like the autobahn no matter what time of day. Our pilots came up with a saying TIR (this is Russia) and just laugh it off. Going outside of Moscow, you are in the sticks. Life is very different and poorer outside of Moscow until you get to the next big city. I like it here because it is a challenge. Russia is growing and there are opportunities for growth inside of it. Speaking the language helps me very much as I am accepted as a local even though I am American. Gets me to grease the wheels a bit. The flying is great. We go to awesome destinations, stay at five star hotels. I have even had nine day sits in Paphos Cyprus at a 5 star resort all expenses paid. That was a great vacation. Also, I was able to get my wife hired as a flight attendant and she flies with me. So when I was in Paphos for 9 days, she was with me. :)

Hope this bit helps on life out here. I will try to write up a perspective article and submit it to Doug. Fly safe everyone.

Back