Thoughts of a Ramp Agent

I was granted an epiphany today. For the past few days the ramp leads were apologizing about the work and saying "its not always like this, it'll be getting better next week". I didn't understand since it all seemed like ... the same? It was usually hard work.

However today I finally connected some dots. It's the second time one of the leads was acting apologetic for asking me to wingwalk the plane right after I finished stacking bags in the bin. I've done this countless times so I had figured that this is just how it's done. (Norms??)

But between that what happened today and the other few days prior, it finally occurred to me that we had been understaffed. Next week the new hires are finally finished with their training and will start working regularly. So it will get "easier".
Like your old school style... No expectations. Whatever it is needs doing, do it. Get 'er done. Well done!

Form10, I saw that you posted on the thread! I don't know why it shows that sometimes. However I still have you on ignore. No offense. 😵‍💫 your too good at using up my time, attention and energy, and never seems worth it to me.

Good luck!

Form10, I saw that you posted on the thread! I don't know why it shows that sometimes. However I still have you on ignore. No offense. 😵‍💫 your too good at using up my time, attention and energy, and never seems worth it to me.

Good luck!
"Victor Squawk". Really? You think I'm not getting that? Really...? With all your other retarded monikers and completely whack new diversions??

Also, it's "you're too good" -not "your"- you reading comprehension and scribing ace. No wonder it takes you SOOO much "time, attention, and energy" to misapprehend a few simple sentences - which were actually meant as a compliment! Good thing you're not texting while driving... you'd already have crashed. LOL. Sadly - probably not arrested and jailed for your crime - into an innocent bystander in whatever slimehole you reside... UGH!

But thanks for the "technical glitch" update, you lying sack... Just couldn't help yourself and had to go blow your "cover", eh? ...Idiot.

And, yeah, that IS ad hominem. Sometimes, like now, it is obviously and objectively deserved.

Did you understand those words, reading ace?

Last edited:
"Victor Squawk". Really? You think I'm not getting that? Really...? With all your other retarded monikers and completely whack new diversions??

Also, it's "you're too good" -not "your"- you reading comprehension and scribing ace. No wonder it takes you SOOO much "time, attention, and energy" to misapprehend a few simple sentences - which were actually meant as a compliment! Good thing you're not texting while driving... you'd already have crashed. LOL. Sadly - probably not arrested and jailed for your crime - into an innocent bystander in whatever slimehole you reside... UGH!

But thanks for the "technical glitch" update, you lying sack... Just couldn't help yourself and had to go blow your "cover", eh? ...Idiot.

And, yeah, that IS ad hominem. Sometimes, like now, it is obviously and objectively deserved.

Did you understand those words, reading ace?
Well I'm having a massively crappy day today so I figured I could finally come read what you wrote since it couldn't possibly disturb my day any more than it is already disturbed...

I didn't actually see the content of the message. I clicked into the thread from the landing page and it said "last post by an ignored member". When I clicked the link to the thread, it showed your post but it was covered with "you are ignoring posts from this member".

I wrote my awkward post because I didn't want to be uncommunicative with someone who is writing to me. I misspelled 'you're' on purpose to be silly.

In any case you wrote something kind to me, which is my loss, obviously. I was thinking of clearing my ignore list anyway. Kind of lacked the confidence to do it.

Anyway I wish you could have guessed that I didn't see your post. I cannot fathom what sort of spitefulness would reply to a compliment with "I'm still ignoring you"; at least in this context it just seems totally wonky and unreasonable.

Well, take care. Hopefully your day is going far better than mine.

Back