Sittin in the big CP seat now

fsiflyer

Hi Everyone,
So the wheels keep on spinning out here in Moscow. We have had some movement in the company and as of today, Monday, December 8, 2008 I am the new Chief Pilot for the corporate flight department out here in Moscow. The former CP became the DO and we work great together so should be a good mix.

Since I have never been a CP before but do know a few things about management and accounting (U.S. Marine Corps and having an MBA in Accounting) I will first work on mission accomplishment and then pilot welfare. My goal will be to make this the best place to work possible. Probably every person says that :). Also, I thankfully have the ability to draw on the experience of past CP's and DO's and bring in some of their knowledge. From the detail of my job description it outlines that I am charged with the daily fiscal and operational control of the flight department, seems pretty easy. So hopefully I will be able to fit into some pretty big shoes. :) Anyhow, just wanted to share that there is still movement in the aviation industry. Just takes a bit of effort to see it. Good luck everyone and fly safe.

Congrats! Quick question...Will this new position reduce or increase your flying? I would guess, possibly reducing it. How much if any will it end up reducing your role as a flying (line) pilot if you will.

Congrats! Quick question...Will this new position reduce or increase your flying? I would guess, possibly reducing it. How much if any will it end up reducing your role as a flying (line) pilot if you will.

I should have no reduction in flying...instead I will have a reduction in days off but in exchange for more $$$. You have to weigh everything and make a decision. I truly felt that I can make a difference at my flight department which is why I wanted the job. The money is nice to though.

l19754.jpg
:rawk:

Any chance you'd write a perspectives article? I doubt I'm the only one who's really curious how someone finds their way to Moscow for a corporate gig!

Congrats again, Allen!!! Im sure you will fill those big shoes nicely.;) Not sure when I'm stopping in Moscow again, but I'll give you a head's up when I head that way!!

Congrats!...And where do I send my resume? Remember that Kellwolf is the lazy airline pilot while I'm the hard working freight pilot.:sarcasm::crazy:

Thanks everyone. Currently we are in a hiring freeze but when we get another plane I already have a small list of JC'ers who I will be contacting. Fly safe everyone.

And by the way...a kicks ass from Doug! Thats huge! Never got me one of thos before. :)

Back