Resolved Search Feature: Temporarily Unavailable

I have to re-index the database, but have to wait until there's not many online because it's server intensive.

Still re-indexing some MySQL tables (Huge!) and ran out of time to babysit the process. In the meantime, the search feature of the forum will be unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience.

And back up. Better support for smaller search terms like "ATP" but considering the size of the database, not so awesome support for smaller terms like "DA".

You mean the search engine doesn't do well with acronyms, just like aircraft owners?
"We have to get the A&P with an IA to look at the TR because we've had it MEL'ed for far too long."

You mean the search engine doesn't do well with acronyms, just like aircraft owners?
"We have to get the A&P with an IA to look at the TR because we've had it MEL'ed for far too long."

Ok, so I dedicated an evening to re-tweaking the server and re-indexing the tables to do search terms as small as two characters.

The smaller the search terms, the slightly longer the query will take and, in some cases, the relevance maybe a little interesting, but it's done.

Enjoy!

Now to answer poor Scooter's SMS's as I've been geeing out all day in the cave.

Back