Want to Buy QT Halo

Skyhawk92

If anyone has a pair laying around that they would be willing to sell, let me know.

They are super backordered and I prefer not wait until Christmas to get a pair.

buy a pair of the Calrity Aloft headsets. they are always in stock, built better and have better sound quality.

I have worn both. The QT Halos are lighter and don't like the CA's band around the head, the material, and they are an extra $200.

I've owned and flown with both. I prefer the Halo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How long have you owned your halos?

After being a Clarity user and being in the headset business for 15 years I thought I would buy a halo for a second set. The quality was so horrible I sent it back. maybe the new first day employee built it? I don't know.
I also ordered a Faro to try. The pilot shop warned me not to waste my money. I did anyway to give it a try. It was very bad Chinese quality junk. I sent it back. I also left a bad review on the Faro site. It never got posted. I guess they screen the reviews and only post the good ones!

After being a Clarity user and being in the headset business for 15 years I thought I would buy a halo for a second set. The quality was so horrible I sent it back. maybe the new first day employee built it? I don't know.
I also ordered a Faro to try. The pilot shop warned me not to waste my money. I did anyway to give it a try. It was very bad Chinese quality junk. I sent it back. I also left a bad review on the Faro site. It never got posted. I guess they screen the reviews and only post the good ones!

Hmm. Wondering if you just got a bad one? @bucksmith, me, and I think @ozziecat35 also use them.

My first impression of the Halo was....'flimsy' - but I was confusing 'flimsy' with 'flexible.' The thing has taken a lot of abuse that I've thrown at it (I'm really hard on gear) and I've had zero problems with it. It's also the only field-repairable headset that I'm aware of. They're really, really light and don't have much metal in them, so I can see where someone might say "poor quality" but mine have lasted just fine and I know Buck uses his daily. I know two other instructors in the area who also use them daily with no complaints.

I've had my Halo for almost 5 years. I've used it for the past 2 years on the CRJ and in a Caravan before that. The thing has held up very well and I wouldn't say that it's poor quality at all. The mic did just die, but they're willing to fix it if I send it back. I'm very happy with them. I've also used the Clarity Aloft. Definitely not worth the extra $200 for the entry level model.

I apologize, your original post sounded like speculation. I'd be interested to know what you found to be horrible about the quality?
Not sure if it's still true, but I always thought it was cool if you called the phone number, the owner picked up.

Hmm. Wondering if you just got a bad one? @bucksmith, me, and I think @ozziecat35 also use them.

My first impression of the Halo was....'flimsy' - but I was confusing 'flimsy' with 'flexible.' The thing has taken a lot of abuse that I've thrown at it (I'm really hard on gear) and I've had zero problems with it. It's also the only field-repairable headset that I'm aware of. They're really, really light and don't have much metal in them, so I can see where someone might say "poor quality" but mine have lasted just fine and I know Buck uses his daily. I know two other instructors in the area who also use them daily with no complaints.
Now that I've reached stage 3 aviator, "daily" would be quite a stretch! When I bought them, I certainly used them daily in and out of all sorts of aircraft. Turbine to piston, I was happy with the noise suppression. Closed the wire in a few doors and banged the little box quite a few times. AND, I bought them used off of here. Lemme look back and see how long I've had them...

Funny story, I spent an embarrassing amount of time on the audio panel troubleshooting why they wouldn't work while wearing an Eros O2 mask. Then, I just happened to scratch my head to find the hoses had pinched both sound tubes.

Ok, not as long as it seemed. I've had them just over 3 years and bought them from a regional airline pilot. (Thanks @wayway8, works great, lasts long time!) it came with a bunch of unused earplugs, but I've settled into using foamies of my choice (free ones at the FBO) that I replace when they become embarrassing.
@killbilly with all the posting we've done, when is someone gonna cut us a check???

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Found a guy selling his QT Halo, so couldn't pass up the offer.

I'm sure I made the right choice.

Back