Midlife Move again…

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Pretty sure most of you know this by now but I also know there are others of you out there who are mid-life career changers like me…

I just completed new hire training and earned m’self an Airbus 220 type to boot. Flying for B6 now - just waiting for IOE.

Dead sexy airplane. Hear it’s amazing and can’t wait to fly a real one.

I’m going from driving to work at a regional for good-but-less-than-industry-standard pay to a place that pays a lot more and seems to have its stuff together - but commuting to JFK. If seniority progression works out like I hope and commuting from DCA isn’t painful, then it’s likely gonna be a good career move.

If it sucks, I’ll look at moving on, but really want to give this place a try. Trying be present.

Any of you guys in your 40s-50s thinking about this - let me know. It’s a different animal and it’s do-able, but there are things to think about when you’re coming at this career a little more….seasoned. Happy to talk it through.

I owe a LOT of people for helping me get this far with advice, encouragement and guidance -in no order of importance, @jtrain609 @ZapBrannigan @milleR @Seggy @Stone Cold @SteveC @NovemberEcho Dave-who’s-screen-name-I-can’t-remember.

If I omitted you I humbly apologize.

And as always. @derg - Muchas gracias for leaving the front door to the living room open.

Very cool KB. Congratulations!!
Mid 30s but would love to take you up on the offer to discuss sometime.

Congrats dude! I’m not quite your age but pulling the trigger whilst rapidly approaching 40 has been plenty

Big time congrats! If you want to get back to IAD, polish up that resume for an eventUAL interview. But for now, enjoy flying the 220. I hear it is an awesome aircraft.

Pretty sure most of you know this by now but I also know there are others of you out there who are mid-life career changers like me…

I just completed new hire training and earned m’self an Airbus 220 type to boot. Flying for B6 now - just waiting for IOE.

Dead sexy airplane. Hear it’s amazing and can’t wait to fly a real one.

I’m going from driving to work at a regional for good-but-less-than-industry-standard pay to a place that pays a lot more and seems to have its stuff together - but commuting to JFK. If seniority progression works out like I hope and commuting from DCA isn’t painful, then it’s likely gonna be a good career move.

If it sucks, I’ll look at moving on, but really want to give this place a try. Trying be present.

Any of you guys in your 40s-50s thinking about this - let me know. It’s a different animal and it’s do-able, but there are things to think about when you’re coming at this career a little more….seasoned. Happy to talk it through.

I owe a LOT of people for helping me get this far with advice, encouragement and guidance -in no order of importance, @jtrain609 @ZapBrannigan @milleR @Seggy @Stone Cold @SteveC @NovemberEcho Dave-who’s-screen-name-I-can’t-remember.

If I omitted you I humbly apologize.

And as always. @derg - Muchas gracias for leaving the front door to the living room open.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you!

Back