Midlife Move again…

Pretty sure most of you know this by now but I also know there are others of you out there who are mid-life career changers like me…

I just completed new hire training and earned m’self an Airbus 220 type to boot. Flying for B6 now - just waiting for IOE.

Dead sexy airplane. Hear it’s amazing and can’t wait to fly a real one.

I’m going from driving to work at a regional for good-but-less-than-industry-standard pay to a place that pays a lot more and seems to have its stuff together - but commuting to JFK. If seniority progression works out like I hope and commuting from DCA isn’t painful, then it’s likely gonna be a good career move.

If it sucks, I’ll look at moving on, but really want to give this place a try. Trying be present.

Any of you guys in your 40s-50s thinking about this - let me know. It’s a different animal and it’s do-able, but there are things to think about when you’re coming at this career a little more….seasoned. Happy to talk it through.

I owe a LOT of people for helping me get this far with advice, encouragement and guidance -in no order of importance, @jtrain609 @ZapBrannigan @milleR @Seggy @Stone Cold @SteveC @NovemberEcho Dave-who’s-screen-name-I-can’t-remember.

If I omitted you I humbly apologize.

And as always. @derg - Muchas gracias for leaving the front door to the living room open.

Congrats....I hear the A220 is nice...thinking of jumping over to it from the 320 myself. Hit me up if you have any B6 questions.

And definitely have LGA in your back pocket (or maybe front) for your commuting needs. If you can get to LGA, take the MTA transfer bus down to Jamaica and then the AirTran to our terminal at JFK.

Get a 10- trip AirTrain pass, it's only $25 versus shelling out the $8 per ride otherwise. Bought at the MTA ticket machines right at the Jamaica AirTrain station.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Welcome to the BlueJuice Factory. Hit me up with any questions you may have. I never thought I would be here for 12+ years but it just worked out for me and the family so I’m along for the ride. Tons of flights between DCA and JFK/LGA.

Congrats Billiam, I think there's a decent chance you've found your Forever Home. Flippers crossed, look forward to hearing from you when you get out on the line!

Pretty sure most of you know this by now but I also know there are others of you out there who are mid-life career changers like me…

I just completed new hire training and earned m’self an Airbus 220 type to boot. Flying for B6 now - just waiting for IOE.

Dead sexy airplane. Hear it’s amazing and can’t wait to fly a real one.

I’m going from driving to work at a regional for good-but-less-than-industry-standard pay to a place that pays a lot more and seems to have its stuff together - but commuting to JFK. If seniority progression works out like I hope and commuting from DCA isn’t painful, then it’s likely gonna be a good career move.

If it sucks, I’ll look at moving on, but really want to give this place a try. Trying be present.

Any of you guys in your 40s-50s thinking about this - let me know. It’s a different animal and it’s do-able, but there are things to think about when you’re coming at this career a little more….seasoned. Happy to talk it through.

I owe a LOT of people for helping me get this far with advice, encouragement and guidance -in no order of importance, @jtrain609 @ZapBrannigan @milleR @Seggy @Stone Cold @SteveC @NovemberEcho Dave-who’s-screen-name-I-can’t-remember.

If I omitted you I humbly apologize.

And as always. @derg - Muchas gracias for leaving the front door to the living room open.
congrats

Congratulations! I was also a career changer and got my first 121 commuter gig at age 37. I think we might have talked about it years ago at NJC as I was the old guy who managed the transition.

Back