PUBNAT7 One week only.

I have a friend who is an area manager down at Denver Center. He told me as of somewhat recently, the FAA has been mostly looking at people with a 95+ on the ATSAT. Just hearsay though. By the way, nice score BaseballGuy!

I was told the same thing a couple of months ago by a former regional manager. He told me that in the future they plan to only take scores of 95 and up from all OTS applicants. He wasn't sure when it would happen, but he did confirm that PUBNAT7 would not be affected. As always things change on a daily basis with the FAA. I'm just adding what I was told. Hope it helps a little bit.

I was told the same thing a couple of months ago by a former regional manager. He told me that in the future they plan to only take scores of 95 and up from all OTS applicants. He wasn't sure when it would happen, but he did confirm that PUBNAT7 would not be affected. As always things change on a daily basis with the FAA. I'm just adding what I was told. Hope it helps a little bit.

I wouldn't believe everything I hear - the FAA hasn't released any official information and WQ is still officially classified as 85+.

If it is true, I sure hope it's not until after PUBNAT 8. I seriously doubt I can score above a 95 - I'm a terrible test taker.

Who knows, but a little birdy told me that there was a great chance that they wouldn't get beyond the veteran preferences with this last panel, so it's much more realistic to think that you will get chosen in january, even if you got a 100 on the ATSAT:rotfl:

Not sure what you mean. Veteran preferences? Can you elaborate?

meaning only the VRA candidates got selected.. they come first in the panels.... i think it's flamebait, personally. why would they have another pubnat already in the works, and testing thousands more only to not select anyone from OTS... :beer:

yes, vra candidates get selected first. As far as the other being a "flambait," I'm not sure you understood me. What I was saying is that THIS panel, the one that met last week probably won't get beyond veteran prefs (due to $ and the 3% rule), but there is ANOTHER panel meeting for pubnat 7 in january. Everything clear?

meaning only the VRA candidates got selected.. they come first in the panels.... i think it's flamebait, personally. why would they have another pubnat already in the works, and testing thousands more only to not select anyone from OTS... :beer:
VRA and veterans' preference are two different things. VRA are prior military controllers and can apply to VRA announcements. Veterans' preference are ex-military, both ATC and non-ATC. Non-ATC can't apply to VRA, but do have preference in OTS announcements, and CTI if they're CTI grads.

yes, vra candidates get selected first. As far as the other being a "flambait," I'm not sure you understood me. What I was saying is that THIS panel, the one that met last week probably won't get beyond veteran prefs (due to $ and the 3% rule), but there is ANOTHER panel meeting for pubnat 7 in january. Everything clear?

:beer:

Back