Scratch one helicopter 8/24/2023

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
View: https://twitter.com/airplusnews/status/1694753431834054729?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Date:24-AUG-2023
Time:15:42 UTC
Type:
Silhouette image of generic DHC6 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Viking Air DHC-6 Twin Otter 400
Owner/operator:Air Antilles
MSN:971
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 6
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Substantial
Category:Accident
Location:Saint-Barthélémy-Rémy de Haenen Airport (SBH/TFFJ) -
F-Ogu.gif
Guadeloupe
Phase:Landing
Nature:Passenger - Scheduled
Departure airport:Pointe-à-Pitre-Le Raizet Airport (PTP/TFFR)
Destination airport:Saint-Barthélémy-Rémy de Haenen Airport (SBH/TFFJ)
Confidence Rating:
CR3.svg
Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
Air Antilles flight 3S722, a DHC-6 Twin Otter, veered off the left side of runway 28 on landing at Saint-Barthélémy Airport and struck a parked Eurocopter AS350 Écureuil helicopter (F-HMYL).
F-HMYL had landed at 15:13 UTC following a flight from Anguilla-Wallblake Airport (AXA). No one was on board the helicopter at the time of the accident.

Damn! When I saw Viking, I thought it was a new Twotter. Apparently, when one purchases the type certificate for an aircraft type, one also purchases the entire extant fleet, at least from a naming rights standpoint.

Have you heard of the IAI Astra (1125) or Gulfstream G150 ?
Gulfstream Commander or Twin Commander ?
Cessna TTX or the Columbia 400 ?

Have you heard of the IAI Astra (1125) or Gulfstream G150 ?
Gulfstream Commander or Twin Commander ?
Cessna TTX or the Columbia 400 ?
Compelled to remind the world of the big brain leadership at two of the largest companies in the world that gave us the Yaborã E175 and how that turned out.

That airplane was made when Drew Brees beat Peyton Manning's record for touchdown passes, the House voted to impeach President Trump for obstruction of justice, and the US droned Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.

Back