My renewed aviation interest

Parabellum

Hello everyone,

You may have remembered this thread from awhile back. If not, well, there's the link to refresh your memory.

Anyway, after feeling burned out from flying for months, I finally returned to the air a couple days ago. Needless to say, I was almost certain that I was going to forget every flight meneauver I ever knew how to do. But after doing some slow flight, stalls, and steep turns, everything was flawless. Even my landings!

I also finally found a new flight school and airport that I think I can finally call home. Right now the school only has a 152 and 172 since its brand new, but there's a good chance we'll have an Arrow that I can do my commercial training in.

Despite the small size of the school, there's still plenty of networking opportunities. More than other FBOs I've been with anyway. So I think I've regained my interest in flying for a living. And as far as the downsides such as low pay and long hours away from home, that's not bothering me much anymore for some reason.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I just became a Christian. But to avoid this turning into a long religious discussion, feel free to PM me if you want the details.
smirk.gif

Sounds like things are on a good track for you! Congratulations!

We all go through down times in our lives and our careers ... the trick is to keep on keeping on.

FL270

Congrats Paul...

I, for one, am glad to hear that you're getting back into it!

I flew again just a few days ago too and although it really wasn't a great flight (we had a total electrical failure!), I enjoyed being in the air again. It kind of sparked my interest...

Anyway.. Good luck in your future flying!
smile.gif

Back