How does the college partnership program work?

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
I really want to go to Jacksonville University and get a degree, while flight training. I was wondering how this whole program works.
Thanks,Alec

just read a few of the threads below and you'll see how shady marketing and hiring of instructors is. That should help you decide.

basically, you pay the very expensive cost of DCA, AND in Jacksonville universities case, you get to pay the high cost of private tuition as well. Dont be fooled, you will not get scholarships for flight training, even if u get a full ride to JU (tuition is almost $20,000 a year, plus room and board and those other goodies) you will still pay the $70-80k out of pocket for DCA. The hiring of instructors is the exact same as in Sanford, just because you get your ratings there does not mean you will be hired. Tread with caution, there are much much cheaper and equally effective ways to get a degree and your ratings.

First off, no one in admissions has EVER GUARANTEED a job as a paid CFI. Also, no one has EVER said that you will be GUARANTEED and INTERVIEW with an airline without being a paid flight instructor first. It is written in all of the brochures that we have hired 85% of the students who apply to become a paid flight instructor. Just so everyone knows: The school is Accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) which is a Private group hired by the Department of Education to monitor all of the statistics and they have to be backed up by the school. It is true, not everyone makes it through the academy for various reasons, but the 116 out of 121 we placed last year is a FACT.
What is the wash out rate and hire rate of other schools?? I bet it still is not as good as DCA! I don't really see people talk about that on other threads. I am willing to bet that there is not a school out there that says 100% of there students make it to the airlines. Even if they did they'd be lying!!! Since most schools are not accredited and can say whatever they want!! I can tell you that only about 49% of people who start college finish with the same school and get their degree. That is a national stat from the ACCSCT.

[ QUOTE ]
basically, you pay the very expensive cost of DCA, AND in Jacksonville universities case, you get to pay the high cost of private tuition as well. Dont be fooled, you will not get scholarships for flight training, even if u get a full ride to JU (tuition is almost $20,000 a year, plus room and board and those other goodies) you will still pay the $70-80k out of pocket for DCA. The hiring of instructors is the exact same as in Sanford, just because you get your ratings there does not mean you will be hired. Tread with caution, there are much much cheaper and equally effective ways to get a degree and your ratings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. About this time five months ago I was set on Jacksonville University but thanks to this web site and other sources I have since changed my mind. I will now be going to a school closer to home that costs $2,500 a year, not including room and board. The flight program is about $25,000 minus the private and instrument which I already have. I'm not sure what your situation is like but I just want to emphasize that there are several other places out there that can serve you just as well and even save you a little cash. Make sure you check out your options bro.

Back