Free Interviews

Wardogg

Meat Popsicle
Word on the street is United is going to an internal application process. Separating itself from Airline Apps.

I guess during the pilot shortage, you dont have to pay for an interview.

Screenshot_20220807-043617.png

I wish more companies would do this. Meanwhile, I hear NetJets has decided to move to AirlineApps.

One shouldn’t have to pay to APPLY for any job! :ooh:

Not here to argue you on that point, as that website does have a method to apply that is no cost. However, don't conflate the airline and the fact you're paying a 3rd party vendor to streamline and collect the data that their customers (airlines) want.

I wish more companies would do this. Meanwhile, I hear NetJets has decided to move to AirlineApps.

My guess is as NJA lowers minimums and qualification thresholds, an app company like AirlineApps might do better at sifting through what they might want a little better than HR can. They might also have an office perssonel shortage like lots of airlines are having too.

Not here to argue you on that point, as that website does have a method to apply that is no cost. However, don't conflate the airline and the fact you're paying a 3rd party vendor to streamline and collect the data that their customers (airlines) want.
Good point, one I hadn’t considered. Thank you for the follow up

You didn't have to pay for it before if that's all you were applying for.

Only for a year wasn’t it? Then you had to start a new app all over again, and who knows what that did to your application as far as the airline was concerned.

Yes, a retired Delta pilot makes a program that Delta wants. Wonder how much money he made all these years.

Good for United. Hope others give the boot and go internal and for free without any time limits.

Only for a year wasn’t it? Then you had to start a new app all over again, and who knows what that did to your application as far as the airline was concerned.

Yes, a retired Delta pilot makes a program that Delta wants. Wonder how much money he made all these years.

Good for United. Hope others give the boot and go internal and for free without any time limits.
You mean like Alaska’s superior application experience :rolleyes::bounce:.

Someone figured out a niche business, because they’re in that business, and voila. What kind of commie are you and why do you hate capitalism so much?

Someone figured out a niche business, because they’re in that business, and voila. What kind of commie are you and why do you hate capitalism so much?

With that justification, where is the line drawn? I thought pilots hated paying for something just to get a job interview.

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I really liked airline apps. I liked you could apply to a bunch of places at once with the same app. I thought the interface was fine. Sure beat a bunch of the other crappy in house application tools (looking at you, JetBlue).

With that justification, where is the line drawn? I thought pilots hated paying for something just to get a job interview.

I think the line is drawn at your unresolved angst against Delta. Someone found an opportunity and is providing a service. Sure, I wouldn't pay an airline or employer for the privilege of applying or interviewing, but that website figured out a way to streamline the application process for the industry. Pretty easy since all the airlines ask for just about the same thing, with a little tweaking. Only makes sense to create a profile, then blast it out like a claymore mine.

Imagine how easy it could be shopping for car insurance, or other services within an industry that asks the same questions, if you could just fill out one profile and let them come to you.

I think the line is drawn at your unresolved angst against Delta. Someone found an opportunity and is providing a service. Sure, I wouldn't pay an airline or employer for the privilege of applying or interviewing, but that website figured out a way to streamline the application process for the industry. Pretty easy since all the airlines ask for just about the same thing, with a little tweaking. Only makes sense to create a profile, then blast it out like a claymore mine.

Imagine how easy it could be shopping for car insurance, or other services within an industry that asks the same questions, if you could just fill out one profile and let them come to you.

It’s $70 to play per year. Personally, and I’ve applied to many airlines too, I’d rather just apply to the individual airline. I’d rather it be free at their own airline website. Not some 3rd rate outside party that acts as a profitable middleman for my info to apply. It didn’t take that long once I have all my info ready.

Haven't had the pleasure.

Acquired. Not Hired. :)

Is it on Alaskas website and is it free? If so, suck it up :) some of us had to spend money just to have an airline look at us.
Ok Boomer :p. Don’t you think the 5th, excuse me 6th, largest airline should have a smoother process?

Gotta say, Airline Apps is far from a menace for airline hiring. Especially since they have a free option.

The days of required or highly valued career fairs and such were far worse. You can easily spend thousands on a career fair and have no idea if you obtained any value for you money. Or if you were like me, spend a few hundred bucks and be completely unable to attend career fairs because I was junior for so long in my career. I also couldn't get refunds because the refund windows would close before I got my schedule.

Back