Best Diet for Pilots?

TylerC-IL

Hey,

Does anyone know the best diet for pilots? I've heard the Mediterranean Diet is one of the best but does anyone know another few diets?

Thanks
image.jpg

Diet as in "weight loss plan" or diet as in what you normally eat?

I tell you what, continuing to eat healthy after I went to domestic is a challenge because most airport food options are engineered for the stroller-pushers and I absolutely refuse to drag around five days of rotting food and hustling around for ice like some of those gosh-damned Facebook groups suggest.

Salad would be cheaper if the market for it was the same as a Big Mac.
But yes, cal/$ I don't think anything beats the dollar menu.

That is the exact same way I explain McDonald's. Long day with only one break long enough for a meal...$6 and I can get half the calories I need for the day. Big Mac it is.

When I was in school they were running a study where they'd control the diet of pilots and then throw them in the sim later on. The idea being to see what kind of food gave the best mental performance. Turns out it was greasy sloppy stuff like fast food burgers.

That's why the McD's on VA ave is my last stop before the sim.

Ive been looking for a healthy, mobile snack that isn't processed and doesn't contain white potatoes and I found something on Amazon. Granted, it isn't cheap but after ordering 1 of each and trying them, I can tell you they are pretty damn delicious. Google "beanitos" and check the ingredients/nutrition info. These things are excellent carb/protein/fiber snacks that are extremely calorie dense.

Ive been looking for a healthy, mobile snack that isn't processed and doesn't contain white potatoes and I found something on Amazon. Granted, it isn't cheap but after ordering 1 of each and trying them, I can tell you they are pretty damn delicious. Google "beanitos" and check the ingredients/nutrition info. These things are excellent carb/protein/fiber snacks that are extremely calorie dense.
Hard cheese, like those crumbly bricks of aged Parmesan and crackers make great snacks and there's no need for refrigeration.

I had the opposite problem. I'd eat little all day and then was so hungry for real food at the end of the day that I'd gorge myself on room service or delivered pizza. Not conducive to a healthy weight.
It kind of went that way for me, I was one of those "wow, I can eat anything I want and not gain weight!" When in reality all I was eating was a tiny breakfast (hard for me to eat in the morning) and a Big Mac that night, really probably getting <2000 calories a day. I've gained like 30 pounds since May just being able to eat three square meals a day. Usually garbage though.

It kind of went that way for me, I was one of those "wow, I can eat anything I want and not gain weight!" When in reality all I was eating was a tiny breakfast (hard for me to eat in the morning) and a Big Mac that night, really probably getting <2000 calories a day. I've gained like 30 pounds since May just being able to eat three square meals a day. Usually garbage though.

I told you it would happen.

Back