Best Diet for Pilots?

It was ruled an illegal strike.

But every airline has a nickname and ATI is scab air. Everyone knows who you're talking about. Just like Southernjets on here or Air Beachball or the Eskimo.

This. Doesn't matter if a court later orders an injunction to stop a strike, if you cross a picket line, you deserve the labels you get.

It's sad that anyone in this industry chooses to take a job scab air, but that's their choice to make, and they should live with the results.

This. Doesn't matter if a court later orders an injunction to stop a strike, if you cross a picket line, you deserve the labels you get.

Bull——. Their union told them ahead of time that the strike was illegal and they could not honor the lines. They did exactly what they should have done.

Truth be told, I looked at multiple carriers. I did my research far beyond asking here on JC. The results were this-

After touching base with roughly 10 pilots from Atlas and ATI, the two carriers I was considering.

-All the pilots at ATI were happy at work, they liked the direction of the company and said they were treated well. The contract could be better but it was an improvement from typical ACMI contracts in the past, according to them. Most came from the regionals and all of them said their current situation is better than their previous jobs

-The Atlas pilots I talked to were nice, and honest. Not a single one said I should go to Atlas, they all said to stay at my regional. They all complained about the current state of their company, said people were not happy there and that if I decided to go there to be prepared for it to get worse before it gets better.

On top of that research, I ran the numbers. Atlas training pay was not sustainable for my situation. ATI training pay is. Second year pay there is also quite a gap between the two carriers, again that weighed heavily in the decision

I also reached out to a few pilots that moved on from ATI, one was at FedEx. It’s funny that he said his resume having ATI on it didn’t impede his ability to move on at all, same with fellow who now flys at American. They both said ATI was a decent place.

So I understand the angst from some, but to label me a scab I hope that makes you feel better about yourself. I will buy you a beer one day and let you say it to my face instead of a keyboard, unless you don’t want to ever have a drink with such a low life. In that case I wish you the best in your career, the best for your health and the best for your family.

Last edited:

It's sad that anyone in this industry chooses to take a job scab air, but that's their choice to make, and they should live with the results.

Even if you ignore the legality of the strike, it took place 3 years ago, so the notion that accepting an offer from ATI today counts as crossing a picket line is absurd. And frankly, it trivializes genuine scabbery as well.

Truth be told, I looked at multiple carriers. I did my research far beyond asking here on JC. The results were this-

After touching base with roughly 10 pilots from Atlas and ATI, the two carriers I was considering.

-All the pilots at ATI were happy at work, they liked the direction of the company and said they were treated well. The contract could be better but it was an improvement from typical ACMI contracts in the past, according to them. Most came from the regionals and all of them said their current situation is better than their previous jobs

-The Atlas pilots I talked to were nice, and honest. Not a single one said I should go to Atlas, they all said to stay at my regional. They all complained about the current state of their company, said people were not happy there and that if I decided to go there to be prepared for it to get worse before it gets better.

On top of that research, I ran the numbers. Atlas training pay was not sustainable for my situation. ATI training pay is. Second year pay there is a gap of 40k between the two carriers, again that weighed heavily in the decision

I also reached out to a few pilots that moved on from ATI, one was at FedEx. It’s funny that he said his resume having ATI on it didn’t impede his ability to move on at all, same with fellow who now flys at American. They both said ATI was a decent place.

So I understand the angst from some, but to label me a scab I hope that makes you feel better about yourself. I will buy you a beer one day and let you say it to my face instead of a keyboard, unless you don’t want to ever have a drink with such a low life.

Congratulations on the new job!

Back