Inside the sky-high world of drug-smuggling flight attendants

Not really. I haven't voted D since 2016. I live here because commuting sucks. Desire to live in base and be with family > having to put up with whatever libs come up with. None of my 5 bases are red utopias. ANC, maybe? ANC is too far from the east cosat family and too cold. SEA, PDX, SFO, and LAX are about as blue as blue can get.

Plenty of red areas in the near (car commutable) vicinity of PDX and SEA. I live in one of them. Those two states are almost entirely red outside the metro areas, and a few college towns (though to be fair, there are a lot of actual skinheads/nazi sympathizers). There is a lot more rain though, aside from the last week or two. Hell, CA is pretty red too, but you just have to drive further to find it in LA and SFO. Move to Murrieta, Temecula, Ontario, even parts of OC proper, etc etc. You'll find your people.

Plenty of red areas in the near (car commutable) vicinity of PDX and SEA. I live in one of them. Those two states are almost entirely red outside the metro areas, and a few college towns (though to be fair, there are a lot of actual skinheads/nazi sympathizers). There is a lot more rain though, aside from the last week or two. Hell, CA is pretty red too, but you just have to drive further to find it in LA and SFO. Move to Murrieta, Temecula, Ontario, even parts of OC proper, etc etc. You'll find your people.
I'm from Red State California.

"We hate migrant labor! Oh crap, we can't find farm workers!" - The Valley

I'm from Red State California.

"We hate migrant labor! Oh crap, we can't find farm workers!" - The Valley

oh s&&t we love those fresh produce "farm stands" by HWY 76, they're so cheap and delicious......not gonna ask who picks the fruit though!

oh s&&t we love those fresh produce "farm stands" by HWY 76, they're so cheap and delicious......not gonna ask who picks the fruit though!

Don't feel bad for The Valley. We really doubled-down on "doofus".

We don't need schools, we need those kids out in the fields, like WE did... but not my kid, he's going to Davis to party for a semester before he drops out.

I'll circle back around during the next e.Coli outbreak in Salinas and talk about the why and the how. STAY TUNED! :)

oh UC Davis. So classic

You went to Davis for the degree you were never going to finish, end up moving back to Visalia/Tulare, work at the Target Distro facility, weekend at Shell/Pismo beach while pining for the next high school reunion announcement.

Haha man, in my next life, I will wear a short sleeved white shirt and a tie as well, but in a Enterprise lot in Visalia. The sad thing is that Visalia is like the fine wine of the Lemoore area towns......."hanford is close, but not as much to do. The drive from Visalia is worth it" :bounce:

Haha man, in my next life, I will wear a short sleeved white shirt and a tie as well, but in a Enterprise lot in Visalia. The sad thing is that Visalia is like the fine wine of the Lemoore area towns......."hanford is close, but not as much to do. The drive from Visalia is worth it" :bounce:

You ARE familiar!

I went to Tulare about a month ago but we stayed in Visalia. Kristie was all "Look at the trees!" whereas in Tulare, they're all cut down and replaced with non-indigenous flora that don't do well. It's was the "Clovis, without the Fresno" :)

You ARE familiar!

I went to Tulare about a month ago but we stayed in Visalia. Kristie was all "Look at the trees!" whereas in Tulare, they're all cut down and replaced with non-indigenous flora that don't do well. It's was the "Clovis, without the Fresno" :)

(laughs in Harris Ranch)

My boy met his Kristen there. They now own basically a hilltop on the island, with lots of trees and a view of the anacortes oil refinery. In unrelated stories, he has 200 hrs 121 time and is at 5 yrs on your seniority list, and has never once done CQ. His life is a mystery. He may well do 800 hrs of OE though in an upgrade

Tulare/Visalia, isn’t that near where they just found a family of 6 people executed, including headshots for a 16 year old mother and her <1 yr infant?

Don't feel bad for The Valley. We really doubled-down on "doofus".

We don't need schools, we need those kids out in the fields, like WE did... but not my kid, he's going to Davis to party for a semester before he drops out.

I'll circle back around during the next e.Coli outbreak in Salinas and talk about the why and the how. STAY TUNED! :)

I assume this is near you - area where residents wanted to be just outside of Scottsdale to avoid paying city utilities/taxes and now find themselves without water.

I assume this is near you - area where residents wanted to be just outside of Scottsdale to avoid paying city utilities/taxes and now find themselves without water.

My suburb north of Houston has been sucking on groundwater at an unregulated unsustainable rate for decades, to the point where you can map subsidence-related faults by cracks in the roads (you can also map w LiDAR, which the U of Houston has done rigorously). A few years ago our groundwater conservation district was like “we need to be at 50% surface water usage, have a $0.05 per thousand gallon conversion fee”. Which was unacceptable to our local tea party, which took over the board and removed restrictions. Sucks for us!

No perfect place anymore.

Cold Winters and only pricey means of staying warm in the NE (and other places in northern climes), the above nonsense in Texas, Florida is ... well ... Florida, and California seems less than ideal, too.

Pick your poison, I guess.

Not that anyone cares, but it's the Northeast for me - snow and cold and uncertain fuel oil supplies and (In NY) an ever-increasing focus on electric cars and appliances - despite not having the infrastructure in place to sustain same.

Don't want to move south or southwest, personally - nor even laterally to another Northern state. I'll stay here until I die, bitching all the while and glad I raised my children in a very different time but secure in the knowledge that this is where I belong and the place in which I'm happy.

Cold Winters and only pricey means of staying warm in the NE (and other places in northern climes), the above nonsense in Texas, Florida is ... well ... Florida, and California seems less than ideal, too.

Not that anyone cares, but it's the Northeast for me - snow and cold and uncertain fuel oil supplies and (In NY) an ever-increasing focus on electric cars and appliances - despite not having the infrastructure in place to sustain same.

Don't want to move south or southwest, personally - nor even laterally to another Northern state. I'll stay here until I die, bitching all the while and glad I raised my children in a very different time but secure in the knowledge that this is where I belong and the place in which I'm happy.
Can you disassemble and burn your furniture to stay warm? If you can you're wealthy and you should be ashamed.

I'm perfectly happy (sic) putting up with Michigan winters, partially for the perfection of the weather the rest of the year, but family is the primary driver. I fully understand and appreciate your position.

We're not looking for a winter get-away, but if we were I'd be in full agreement about Florida and Texas. Might consider further southwest, like New Mexico/Arizona, but have been pleasantly surprised that there are some great options further abroad. Friends are currently spending a month in Oaxaca Mexico. Another friend (used to post here) is buying in the Philippines. Tons of really cool places in Central and South America... All doable for a reasonable COL...

I'm perfectly happy (sic) putting up with Michigan winters, partially for the perfection of the weather the rest of the year, but family is the primary driver. I fully understand and appreciate your position.

We're not looking for a winter get-away, but if we were I'd be in full agreement about Florida and Texas. Might consider further southwest, like New Mexico/Arizona, but have been pleasantly surprised that there are some great options further abroad. Friends are currently spending a month in Oaxaca Mexico. Another friend (used to post here) is buying in the Philippines. Tons of really cool places in Central and South America... All doable for a reasonable COL...
Come to the Democratic Utopia of SoCal, the weather and geography are great. I've heard the weather in San Francisco is nice, maybe turn it into a three day trip. Why would you even consider red states? Hypocrite.

Back