Inside the sky-high world of drug-smuggling flight attendants

Sorry, it ain’t my drug of choice. :bounce:
I've said before I agree with you to a certain point, but there are substances that should not be readily available to the public without a prescription. You want all of the cars on the road to be on autopilot and no pilots in the cockpits of airliners because people are stupid but you also want everyone to have access to any substance they have a hankering for, what do you think the outcome would be? You consider yourself as a responsible adult that should be allowed to engage in anything you want to try, okay, but what about all of those folks that aren't as responsible? The unintended consequence costs would be astronomical, maybe you think there are too many people on the planet and those people are a drain and good riddance, but what about their families, children, employers/employees or their pets? Maybe you should try heroin, that way you'd at least have an educated opinion.

You made a New Years resolution about Todd and you've already failed?

It was general resolution. Because I also wasn't going to argue with hobos anymore at work. I don't need to, I'm the employee, they're the patient, my job is patient and milieu safety. I have the badge you do what I say, no need to argue. I'll just call a code. As for Todd, we were having a discussion, I saw it going pear shaped and I egressed. As a side note, noticed I've engaged you less too. You more than a rando hobo and Todd combined just aren't worth my effort.

It was general resolution. Because I also wasn't going to argue with hobos anymore at work. I don't need to, I'm the employee, they're the patient, my job is patient and milieu safety. I have the badge you do what I say, no need to argue. I'll just call a code. As for Todd, we were having a discussion, I saw it going pear shaped and I egressed. As a side note, noticed I've engaged you less too. You more than a rando hobo and Todd combined just aren't worth my effort.
I don't care and neither does anyone else.

I've said before I agree with you to a certain point, but there are substances that should not be readily available to the public without a prescription. You want all of the cars on the road to be on autopilot and no pilots in the cockpits of airliners because people are stupid but you also want everyone to have access to any substance they have a hankering for, what do you think the outcome would be? You consider yourself as a responsible adult that should be allowed to engage in anything you want to try, okay, but what about all of those folks that aren't as responsible? The unintended consequence costs would be astronomical, maybe you think there are too many people on the planet and those people are a drain and good riddance, but what about their families, children, employers/employees or their pets? Maybe you should try heroin, that way you'd at least have an educated opinion.

A family member is a recovering heroin addict, and another died of a heroin overdose (mixed with some other things), so I think I know a thing or two about it.

My view is simple: you don’t have a right to tell other people what to do unless it directly causes you harm.

A family member is a recovering heroin addict, and another died of a heroin overdose (mixed with some other things), so I think I know a thing or two about it.

My view is simple: you don’t have a right to tell other people what to do unless it directly causes you harm.
If you wouldn't mind expanding a bit on your situation and the heroin addicts in your family can I ask whether or not they got addicted after being prescribed opioids or was it the ever present ladder up from smoking a joint to slamming a needle trying to chase the dragon? It's obvious you don't care about either of them, but I'm just a curious sort of person and I'd like bit of clarification. Don't reply with any answer that says you don't know, because you just said you have experience regarding this issue.

If you wouldn't mind expanding a bit on your situation and the heroin addicts in your family can I ask whether or not they got addicted after being prescribed opioids or was it the ever present ladder up from smoking a joint to slamming a needle trying to chase the dragon? It's obvious you don't care about either of them, but I'm just a curious sort of person and I'd like bit of clarification. Don't reply with any answer that says you don't know, because you just said you have experience regarding this issue.

I care about the recovering addict a great deal. He’s my only fellow atheist relative, so he means a lot to me. Your insinuation that he doesn’t is disgusting.

As far as how he got started, it began with Xanax after he entered a sever depression when his best friend died in a car accident. It escalated from there. He’s been sober for around five years now after hitting rock bottom.

The other relative was always a terrible person, quite frankly. It’s amazing he lasted as long as he did. No idea how his drug addiction started, because he was addict before I was even born.

Not that any of this is relevant to what rights a person should have.

I care about the recovering addict a great deal. He’s my only fellow atheist relative, so he means a lot to me. Your insinuation that he doesn’t is disgusting.

As far as how he got started, it began with Xanax after he entered a sever depression when his best friend died in a car accident. It escalated from there. He’s been sober for around five years now after hitting rock bottom.

The other relative was always a terrible person, quite frankly. It’s amazing he lasted as long as he did. No idea how his drug addiction started, because he was addict before I was even born.

Not that any of this is relevant to what rights a person should have.
I think illicit drugs that aren't prescribed are not a right. Show me anything that @SteveC would consider credible that says they either are or should be. I think you're the pudding version of an anarchist, but when the jalapeño version shows up at your front door you'll be dialing 911 and shooting at your cousin.

I think illicit drugs that aren't prescribed are not a right. Show me anything that @SteveC would consider credible that says they either are or should be. I think you're the pudding version of an anarchist, but when the jalapeño version shows up at your front door you'll be dialing 911 and shooting at your cousin.

I‘m a left-libertarian, not an anarchist. If you want some government stooge to tell you what you’re allowed to ingest, then okay, but you’re not gonna get me on your side.

I‘m a left-libertarian, not an anarchist. If you want some government stooge to tell you what you’re allowed to ingest, then okay, but you’re not gonna get me on your side.
Your beliefs seem to depend on which way the wind is blowing, you used to be a staunch conservative but now you're a democrat. You mold your character into whatever you think is most advantageous for you at any particular time. That in itself shows a lack of any conviction. Sorry Todd, you've lost any credibility. Now no one believes anything you say.

Your beliefs seem to depend on which way the wind is blowing, you used to be a staunch conservative but now you're a democrat. You mold your character into whatever you think is most advantageous for you at any particular time. That in itself shows a lack of any conviction. Sorry Todd, you've lost any credibility. Now no one believes anything you say.

I’m devastated.

Back