Delta flight attendant falsely “accused” frequent flier of trafficking in special needs daughter

I just got a note a few weeks later thanking the crew.

My brain clears of work stuff every 12-24 hours so I don’t have an untimely death from a heart attack from worrying about things I have zero control over! :). Hell, I have to think long and hard about where I even flew today. Seriously!
“Probably not.”

I’m curious about the “hit” rate of the training, is all.

“Probably not.”

I’m curious about the “hit” rate of the training, is all.

No idea, zero clue as I’m not on the decision tree or data stream nor do I care to be as all I need is another plate to spin.

You can probably ask the people that run the program: Blue Campaign

It sounds like he was detained by law enforcement to me. He was quickly released because he was probably polite and cooperative. Folks that are detained without probable cause have every reason not to be polite and cooperative.

I'm hoping that the cops were apologetic from the start. "We aren't detaining you and you are free to go. We received a nutty call that your daughter's behavior suggested she might be a victim of human trafficking. Is there any information you can give us to confirm how silly that is? Once again, you are free to go but we would appreciate your help in dispelling this concern from a well-meaning flight attendant."

If we are okay with detaining folks based on profiling, let's go ahead and pull over young kids in expensive cars, gold jewelry, and no apparent source of income. Occasionally, we might nab a drug dealer. For those that are innocent, they should just be polite and cooperative. No harm, no foul.

Airline security measures should concentrate on making air travel safe, nothing more. While convenient, domestic air travel shouldn't be used as an extended traffic stop.
I don't disagree. Polite is good.

But please understand, a large percentage (perhaps a plurality) of cops give not a whit about the politeness of someone accused and detained by another entity. And if you EVER say ANYTHING to a cop (i.e. cooperate) you are being incredibly stupid. Even you've not been arrested, wait for your attorney before opening your hole.

Last edited:
Simple: the "human trafficking" issue has become a cause of the far left. It's okay to discriminate when the "progressives" approve of it. The funny thing is that the far left and the far right are both on this issue, though. The far right has latched on to it because it plays into their conspiracy theories about pedophile liberals. The far left has latched on because the extremist feminists want to pretend that everyone in sex work is being coerced.
So is that why feminists of "the far left" are for the legalization and regulation of sex work? I think you need to broaden your perspective, or just stop making grievously uninformed statements.

You've stated elsewhere that you dig the "center left". As far as I can tell, you display extremely limited understanding of, or respect for, the the idea of liberalism whatsoever.

No idea, zero clue as I’m not on the decision tree or data stream nor do I care to be as all I need is another plate to spin.

You can probably ask the people that run the program: Blue Campaign
First rule of Blue. You don't talk about Blue. ...or Red, or Yellow, or Green, or spaceships, or buttercups... see what I did there? (now we just gotta see if the AI has evolved to the point that it groks, "see what I did?"

I’m the first one to jump on Delta Airlines (corrected spelling) and make fun of them, but in this situation?

IMHO, justified.

I will say airline employees should get more training in human smuggling recognition, but that said, aren’t the red flags present?

* Male adult traveling with a lone young girl/woman
* Different races (put PC aside for a minute)
* Female doesn’t respond much
* Male answers for female
* Female seems visibly uncomfortable
I agree trafficking is a problem. As a culture, we really do need to address it, but consider this scenario:

* Male adult traveling with a lone young girl/woman ---- Father traveling with daughter
* Different races (put PC aside for a minute) ---- Mixed race family
* Female doesn’t respond much ---- quiet kid
* Male answers for female ---- "traditional" family
* Female seems visibly uncomfortable ---- typical teenager

Here's the problem with FAs, and DMV clerks, too many cops, and even some pilots: Give (or worse, force upon) a little power to a small minded, insecure person who's never had any real authority and they become Eric Cartman. BTW, we just recently saw this happen with the presidency of the United States.

Last edited:
So is that why feminists of "the far left" are for the legalization and regulation of sex work?

Some are, and some others think sex work is always coerced. Hell, some radical left feminists think all straight sex is rape.

You've stated elsewhere that you dig the "center left". As far as I can tell, you display extremely limited understanding of, or respect for, the the idea of liberalism whatsoever.

You’re projecting, sweetie.

Back