Douchey Pilot Things. A list

Here's a couple new ones after 15 years in 121. I sat in the front seat of the van ride. Apparently that's disrespectful to the captain and I should know better.

And another happened awhile ago. I did the heinous crime of being a few minutes late to the aircraft. It was only 2-3 minutes and even before pax were boarding. CA closes the flight deck door during boarding and has a long kindergarten tardy talk with me. I learned my lesson.

Here's a couple new ones after 15 years in 121. I sat in the front seat of the van ride. Apparently that's disrespectful to the captain and I should know better.

And another happened awhile ago. I did the heinous crime of being a few minutes late to the aircraft. It was only 2-3 minutes and even before pax were boarding. CA closes the flight deck door during boarding and has a long kindergarten tardy talk with me. I learned my lesson.

WhAAt kind of place are you flying at?

Are you serious?

Bet you he aced his psych exam, written test, and sim eval. Didn’t pass the d-bag test.

As a CA, I couldn’t care less who sat in the front seat of a van. And if the FO wasn’t on time, I’d just assume he was running late from a flight commute, car driver, or getting food. All good. I do my job first, once all done, then I’ll do FO job. Once he’s there tell him to double check my work, take his time, and we’ll leave once we’re both feeling ready.

That doesn't sound like any of the CA's I flew with during my time at OAI.

Weirdos! I sat in the front seat and posted a picture of something a few weeks back and I caught some internet slack for being in the front seat at all. Well shoot, man, it was I supposed to wedge in the back of a small SUV for internet cachet? :) I'm a back seat guy because people are less apt to turn around and try to talk to me. Quiet van = best van.

As long as we're not training, I could care less when the first officer shows up.

If you fly red eyes only, you never need to worry about it. Ha!

That’s me. I actually like redeyes. I would much rather report at 9pm, take off at 10pm, fly through the night and land at 3-4am west coast time (6-7am east coast).

If I have to get up at 3am, there is no way my body can just “sleep” by 7-8pm. Not gonna happen.

Back