Douchey Pilot Things. A list

One might argue that we're weird for not getting it, but I'm with you, emotionally.

I understand how there are an infinite number of numbers between zero and one, and that there are infinite integers, and how the infinite set between zero and one is larger than the infinite set of integers. But logically I don't like it, and emotionally it makes me uncomfortable.

He's referring to 91/135 ops. In this case, it definitely is the crews responsibility to remove them.

Even at an airline, this is an item that is looked at during the walk around. So, if you do an air return, who is ultimately responsible? I'm willing to bet the ACP/CP will not agree with you that it's not your responsibility.

I‘ve represented several pilots who left gear pins in and took off. None got disciplined.

This one is worse
(Spotted in the SNA parking lot)

View attachment 65540

I'll acknowledge the worseness, and raise you one of these: (also spotted in an employee lot, with bonus points for being in the handicapped spot!)

1656481874092.png

Well, at least most of them were cool. Sometimes I'd hit them with "Pop quiz; what is the animal on the tail" and they'd almost never remember. One time I did it and without missing a beat the pilot seriously went, "Damn it I knew you were going to ask but I forgot anyway, I should have looked by the boarding door when I took a leak". It was hard to function for a minute after he said that.

I think I remember that!

AHOY!!!

Here’s a douchey pilot thing. Being a Corpie and going on Fox Business TV and spewing nonsense about 121 operations, something he has zero experience with. 32 block hrs in 7 days? Huh? And blaming global warming for the pilot shortage. Oh and his comparison to regular office worker hours compared to how “little” airline pilots work in flight hours is a ridiculous take.

Expired 3rd class medical, no 121 type ratings, clear in over his head.

And his website is a hot mess.

You expected anything more than basic infotainment popcorn from that network with actual… experts? If they handle this so poorly with a terrible source, how are they…. Oh nevermind, I’m way past my reply limit.

This is true. When I se pilot experts screw up this badly on news (and doesn’t have to be just Fox), CNN with their “777 will lose altitude once out of fuel” and using that 20s someting guy in a fixed motion 777 sim when MH370 went missing), I have to windet what other field experts also get things wrong in their field just like this on national TV?

I remember being in Modesto, ca one time. Local guy had died in a plane crash. Local tv station came to the Modesto airport and interviewed a young private pilot as their “expert.” It was pretty funny.

I think I remember that!

AHOY!!!
LMFAO ahoy, good sir!

I remember being in Modesto, ca one time. Local guy had died in a plane crash. Local tv station came to the Modesto airport and interviewed a young private pilot as their “expert.” It was pretty funny.
My primary CFI was once the CP of American Flyers. He said after the AA crash in LIT, media outlets were calling him asking questions about what happened. He turned a few down, then when one of them simply wanted to know about regulations and agreed not to ask him AA specific questions, he took that call, and just read word for word from the FAR/AIM to answer everything LOL.

Last edited:
You expected anything more than basic infotainment popcorn from that network with actual… experts? If they handle this so poorly with a terrible source, how are they…. Oh nevermind, I’m way past my reply limit.

hey, get out of my brain, homie

This is true. When I se pilot experts screw up this badly on news (and doesn’t have to be just Fox), CNN with their “777 will lose altitude once out of fuel” and using that 20s someting guy in a fixed motion 777 sim when MH370 went missing), I have to windet what other field experts also get things wrong in their field just like this on national TV?

Well, emergency services of every branch (including dispatch) are misrepresented by "experts" constantly. Idiotic "reality shows" (which aren't, in truth) have programmed the public to believe the wildest things about firefighting, EMS and police work, and the public is often disappointed when it learns that "things don't work like that in real life."

If I were to be honest (and it's not a good look for me, I guess) but I haven't watched television news of any sort for years now, and I avoid most online videos like the plague. I prefer to read, even knowing it's not "instant" in the way an online presence might be, and I look to a range of source material online or in print.

IDK, I prefer books to video, which only suggests I'm old, one supposes.

And that is true ...

Well, emergency services of every branch (including dispatch) are misrepresented by "experts" constantly. Idiotic "reality shows" (which aren't, in truth) have programmed the public to believe the wildest things about firefighting, EMS and police work, and the public is often disappointed when it learns that "things don't work like that in real life."

If I were to be honest (and it's not a good look for me, I guess) but I haven't watched television news of any sort for years now, and I avoid most online videos like the plague. I prefer to read, even knowing it's not "instant" in the way an online presence might be, and I look to a range of source material online or in print.

And that is true ...

Caution, un-bleeped version:

And that is true ...

What??? Are you telling me that Chicago Med and Chicago Fire aren’t accurate shows??? :) :)

Shhhh. Ill let you in on a secret. <looks both ways> *whispers* its not just Fox.

Wait until you hear about Ice Road Truckers....

The Liam Neeson movie ;)

The dumb movie where Liam suspects the bad guy to be the one girl who is the only one with a legitimate interest, getting her brother out of the mine alive with time running out? Yeah, she’s the bad guy. Lame. But I guess they had to have a twist in there otherwise the audience wouldn’t be entertained.

Back